Bricked?!!!

OP Maestro_0062@yahoo.com

25th April 2014, 01:11 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
I have a VZW LG G2 - with (as far as I can remember) Jelly Bean. I actually had TWRP recovery installed on it via FreeGee, but, for some reason, could never get it to boot into it.

Now - I got the message that KK is available OTA, so I figure - fine, I'll have it installed and then deal with rooting later.

Here is the bad part - it said, "rebooting device" (right after I clicked on Install), and booted into TWRP recovery. I can't get it past it - and (of course), I don't have any backup on the phone....

So, I figure that I perhaps could download the IMG file and install it via TWRP. Fine. Except that when I connect the phone to the usb (Windows 8.1 64-bit), nothing doing. Does not come up in the list of devices.

WTF??
WTF x2, in fact!

Thoughts?
Last edited by Maestro_0062@yahoo.com; 25th April 2014 at 01:31 AM.
25th April 2014, 01:28 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 1,481

2,538 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestro_0062@yahoo.com

I have a VZW LG G2 - with (as far as I can remember) Jelly Bean. I actually had TWRP recovery installed on it via FreeGee, but, for some reason, could never get it to boot into it.

Now - I got the message that KK is available OTA, so I figure - fine, I'll have it installed and then deal with rooting later.

Here is the bad part - it said, "rebooting device" (right after I clicked on Install), and booted into TWRP recovery. I can't get it past it - and (of course), I don't have any backup on the phone....

So, I figure that I perhaps could download the IMG file and install it via TWRP. Fine. Except that when I connect the phone to the usb (Windows 8.1 64-bit), nothing doing. Does not come up in the list of devices.

WTF??

Thoughts?

well you can try this the second method works with twrp terminal and there is another code you can try just search misc in the thread, good luck
Last edited by XxZombiePikachu; 25th April 2014 at 02:07 AM.
25th April 2014, 01:55 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Question
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxZombiePikachu

well you can try [url="http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2451696"] the second method works with twrp terminal and there is another code you can try just search misc in the thread, good luck

WTF x2!!!

Did the "Factory Hard Reset" - and it still boots into TWRP.

Tried with the suggested codes wiping both misc and fota - still stuck. The darn thing does not have the sd card slot, so I am stuck in the boot loop. Waaaaaah!!!!!!

Suggestions are welcome at this time for my personal sanity sake.
Last edited by Maestro_0062@yahoo.com; 25th April 2014 at 03:37 AM.
26th April 2014, 11:32 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Talking Unbricked
Followed the protocol found elsewhere. Phew!
30th April 2014, 09:57 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 53

482 posts
More
Quote:

Which protocol???
30th April 2014, 10:08 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 1,481

2,108 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Please think of other users, too.

Always close the case or suggest the solution which helped you
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread