[Q] Upgraded to 4.4.2 stock, rooted. com.samsung.indexservice eats CPU, battery

30th April 2014, 08:18 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

27 posts
Smooth upgrade to 4.4.2, thanks to other forumers, but hours later, com.samsung.indexservice is eating ~42% of my CPU, preventing the tablet from sleeping, and chewing on my battery. I killed the process, but I'm not sure that it won't come back. Anybody else see this problem?
30th April 2014, 09:32 PM   |  #2  
Flag Spokane, Washington
Thanks Meter: 4,188

8,716 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by redhairedscot

Smooth upgrade to 4.4.2, thanks to other forumers, but hours later, com.samsung.indexservice is eating ~42% of my CPU, preventing the tablet from sleeping, and chewing on my battery. I killed the process, but I'm not sure that it won't come back. Anybody else see this problem?

I tried a 4.3 ROM from a different region and didn't stay on it because it was a carrier ROM. When I went back to the original ROM indexing service was stuck in a FC loop. The ROM I didn't stay on either altered, removed, or added a file indexing service couldn't process. I'm guessing in 4.4 rather than force closing it just keeps trying to process the same bad file(s) which is what's eating your battery. You probably need to do a hard reset and start from scratch.
The Following User Says Thank You to BarryH_GEG For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th April 2014, 09:35 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

27 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryH_GEG

I tried a 4.3 ROM from a different region and didn't stay on it because it was a carrier ROM. When I went back to the original ROM indexing service was stuck in a FC loop. The ROM I didn't stay on either altered, removed, or added a file indexing service couldn't process. I'm guessing in 4.4 rather than force closing it just keeps trying to process the same bad file(s) which is what's eating your battery. You probably need to do a hard reset and start from scratch.

I'll give it a try. Thanks for the info!
30th April 2014, 11:00 PM   |  #4  
Houston area
Thanks Meter: 665

923 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by redhairedscot

It's definitely a corrupt file, or a file that can't be processed http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2483944

Sent from my SM-N900P
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread