Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,571 Members 51,935 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Can't install gsam battery root companion

Tip us?

BerndM14
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 155
Question [Q] Can't install gsam battery root companion

It seems I can't get Gsam Battery monitor - root companiono to install on my phone. I rooted the device, checked to make sure it was(Root checker) downloaded some apps that needs root access(Terminal etc) it's working fine. So my device is rooted.

I tried to install GSAM Monitor and it doesn't let me install the program. I granted it root access, It gives me a prompt to "Install as privileged system app" which I click on, it then asks for a reboot, does the reboot, but the program still didn't install. When I try to install it again, it gives me an error, I can't see what the error is though, it reboots to fast, I can only catch "Unable to copy to..." and then it's gone.

Any help would be appreciated please.

Rhiannon224
Old
Thanks Meter 418
You have to convert the system to R/W, it's Read only by default. There's a guide posted on how to do it or flash a custom Rom.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Current devices;
Moto X

Previous devices;
Samsung Nexus S; sold
Samsung Captivate; sold
Note 2; sold
HTC Sensation; gone
The Following User Says Thank You to Rhiannon224 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BerndM14
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 155
Well I'm losing my patience with this install now, still nothing. I changed it to R/W, copied it to the /system/priv-app and installed, like the damn thing said and still nothing.

Still when I open Gsam is says "The Root companion application is not installed correctly in /system/priv-app. Please launch the application and verify it is correctly installed." Launch it, still get the same nonsense "This app needs to be installed in /system/priv-app/. You can do this manually using a tool such as Root Explorer, or use the automated method below."

Manually did nothing for me, automatic does even less and still throws out the error that I can't catch as it goes away to fast. Can't even grab a screen shot of it nothing, way to fast.

Sigh.

ag3mo
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I'm having the same issue with GSam Battery Monitor and Battery Monitor. I've even tried moving the apk manually to /system/priv-app but it seems like something in the os is deleting it right away. Is there any sort of os tampering application on the M8 that might be doing this?

Rhiannon224
Old
Thanks Meter 418
You need to look here and change the system to r/w by default you cannot write to the system. Here's the guide on how to do this.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2719072

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Current devices;
Moto X

Previous devices;
Samsung Nexus S; sold
Samsung Captivate; sold
Note 2; sold
HTC Sensation; gone
Tags
gsam, htc m8, root companion