Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,428 Members 46,859 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Xperia Overlay Ah been closed! needs our help!!

Tip us?

twistedumbrella
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 6210

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toasty Clown View Post
That makes sense. If that's really the case, I'm on XDA's side.
Originally I thought doing that was exclusive to their site, which could be for hosting overhead and such.

In all honesty, all it would take is starting a new thread the right way, giving it a little time, then putting in a new application for RD.

yekasangredevago
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 201
I regret to inform you that Mr. @Achotjan! From what I see .. ah gone from XDA-Developres:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/member.php?u=2482775

How Come In Your Profile Your Account This Off ..
You think that will remain for Xperia Play?
If you are a true Gamer Of Xperia Play!!
DO NOT FORGET TO SUPPORT THIS POST:
PPSSPP (Stable Gameplay's Only) In Xperia Play (50/60 FPS )
Drastic DS (Xperia Play Compatibility List & Gameplay)
If at any time you regret buying this Smartphone just remember this

olokos
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1077

DONATE TO ME
I suppose that he was about to make some money on this rom. He already has the Xperia Play from people for free. XDA takes action about roms only if they are paid or if they include viruses etc.
My work on xda and things I'm proud of:

If you want me to reply then please quote my post or mention me by writing @olokos. This way you can be sure I'll reply.
Away on 2 weeks holidays where I barely get to use the internet there. Will be back past 02.08.2014

pedyvirus
Old
Thanks Meter 361
but he needs device for porting it to other devices
why didint they say anything when he made a thread for getting donations from people to get a 2011 xperia device?
well that was something like wasting money that time(giving money for nothing but for sure he was going to release his rom for this device after) but this time it was even better than the first time because he was going to get money for giving the rom 1 month before the release

but any we have to agree with rules even if they are stupid rules

my device: htc one m8 gunmetal
last device: xperia play (going to sell it after repair)
noob in xda is recognized developer in other forums
big metallica fan is here
The Following User Says Thank You to pedyvirus For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

smokerman
Old
(Last edited by smokerman; 30th April 2014 at 08:55 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2822

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATTACK View Post
The problem is, that all of they're firmware can only be obtained for a fee. That is against the rules. If they posted a link to a donate and free version then it would be fine, but everything they linked to is for money. Not OK.
i have to agree with this post..i stated that on a previous post. even the xperia play, he got it from Doomlord donation!!!

they should have 2 versions or make it available with less features to beta testers,cause we all know that 4.1.2 version for xperia play was very buggy...so why pay for that?..and if XDA allows it, what stops me or other to sell their own roms???? i have more than 10000 downloads on my roms always available on dev-host or mediafire..not 1 is on paid servers.. and im not 50% developer as they are..nevertheless is against all rules sell a product here on XDA.. but recognizing that they make an amazing work..and i will sign the petition cause they made an error and i think XDA moderators could warn first to remove that and provide a free version; on consideration for all their work for all xperia 2011,2012 and others for FREE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yekasangredevago View Post
I regret to inform you that Mr. @Achotjan! From what I see .. ah gone from XDA-Developres:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/member.php?u=2482775

How Come In Your Profile Your Account This Off ..
You think that will remain for Xperia Play?
maybe he got banned..losing RD title was the less punishement..that is a bit harsh if was xda banning him..my opinion only.

xperia overlay is still active and still you can pay for the rom..i tested right now for ARC/S..so maybe they choose to leave XDA and only keep paid versions of this..what a pitty..what a great work they did and do for xperia devices..
Quote:

MY ROM REVIEWS/TUTORIALS ON YOUTUBE

DO NOT MIRROR MY FILES,OR USE MY WORK IN ANY WAY WITHOUT MY PERMISSION TO DO SO!!!

if you want my answer faster, please mention me.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to smokerman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

yekasangredevago
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokerman View Post
i have to agree with this post..i stated that on a previous post. even the xperia play, he got it from Doomlord donation!!!

they should have 2 versions or make it available with less features to beta testers,cause we all know that 4.1.2 version for xperia play was very buggy...so why pay for that?..and if XDA allows it, what stops me or other to sell their own roms???? i have more than 10000 downloads on my roms always available on dev-host or mediafire..not 1 is on paid servers.. and im not 50% developer as they are..nevertheless is against all rules sell a product here on XDA.. but recognizing that they make an amazing work..and i will sign the petition cause they made an error and i think XDA moderators could warn first to remove that and provide a free version; on consideration for all their work for all xperia 2011,2012 and others for FREE.

maybe he got banned..losing RD title was the less punishement..that is a bit harsh if was xda banning him..my opinion only.

xperia overlay is still active and still you can pay for the rom..i tested right now for ARC/S..so maybe they choose to leave XDA and only keep paid versions of this..what a pitty..what a great work they did and do for xperia devices..

that was a great answer mate ..
what I'd like to know .. is if @Achotjan .. currently working on our phone (Xperia Play) or if I work only because XDA-closed your thread & they removed the Recognized Developer title. because that would be unfair for us (users) as much as it was for the moderators did it.
If you are a true Gamer Of Xperia Play!!
DO NOT FORGET TO SUPPORT THIS POST:
PPSSPP (Stable Gameplay's Only) In Xperia Play (50/60 FPS )
Drastic DS (Xperia Play Compatibility List & Gameplay)
If at any time you regret buying this Smartphone just remember this

ATTACK
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 1417

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokerman View Post
i will sign the petition cause they made an error and i think XDA moderators could warn first to remove that and provide a free version; on consideration for all their work for all xperia 2011,2012 and others for FREE.

We don't know what happened behind the scenes. Maybe he was given the opportunity to correct his mistakes but failed to do so. The result... loss of title.
~$ locate Dev-Host
/public/ATTACK/myfiles/d-h.st

El Daddy
Old
(Last edited by El Daddy; 1st May 2014 at 12:51 AM.)
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 3687
We do not discuss reasons why users have their titles revoked, or reasons why they are banned. Period. Decisions by moderators are not made in haste, and threads like this have no influence on the decisions. Thread closed.

-El Daddy

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to El Daddy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe