FORUMS

Mobile Odin KitKat update

171 posts
Thanks Meter: 16

By ddogishere, Senior Member on 30th April 2014, 01:58 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hi want to go from 4.3 to 4.4
Knox still 0x0...Rooted via urdlv
any guidance... want xnote ROM so bootloader is very vital... um in UK...CSC-btu
Thx

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2

30th April 2014, 04:30 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 107

More
edit... wrong post
30th April 2014, 09:09 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 335

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddogishere

Hi want to go from 4.3 to 4.4
Knox still 0x0...Rooted via urdlv
any guidance... want xnote ROM so bootloader is very vital... um in UK...CSC-btu
Thx

With a lot of care and preparation you can go from stock 4.3 rooted to stock 4.4 rooted and keep knox 0x0 by using Mobile Odin Pro - read that specific thread, KitKat stuff + bootloader starts around here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...1#post49452031

Going from rooted 4.4 to xnote might be more tricky in regard to knox 0x0, about this one ask directly in the xnote specific thread(s) - eventually if it can be done with Mobile Odin Pro (and using stock kernel and recovery) the knox flag could survive - but I did not follow the subject at all so I could be wrong.
The Following User Says Thank You to xclub_101 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th April 2014, 02:31 PM |#4  
Flag Waratah
Thanks Meter: 658

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xclub_101

With a lot of care and preparation you can go from stock 4.3 rooted to stock 4.4 rooted and keep knox 0x0 by using Mobile Odin Pro - read that specific thread, KitKat stuff + bootloader starts around here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...1#post49452031

Going from rooted 4.4 to xnote might be more tricky in regard to knox 0x0, about this one ask directly in the xnote specific thread(s) - eventually if it can be done with Mobile Odin Pro (and using stock kernel and recovery) the knox flag could survive - but I did not follow the subject at all so I could be wrong.

I do know MOP will flash custom roms... However, if the recovery or kernel is changed from stock, Knox is triggered...
1st May 2014, 01:17 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Thank you all for your help. Appreciated it.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread