Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,049 Members 39,587 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Greenify System Apps

Tip us?

cochran.191
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Greenify System Apps

I am obsessive when it comes to making sure that every app or process that can be closed/hibernated is before I turn my screen off and after I exit an app. So when I was going through everything I could hibernate I noticed that Chrome and the Play Store were noticeably missing. I have added the generic "Internet" app, which I am guessing is actually Chrome since that was the default browser, but I cannot find anything for the Play Store. I was able to Greenify it on my S2 so why can't I even find it on my S5?

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

crazymook
Old
Thanks Meter 103
Pretty sure Play Store is regarded as a system app and you need to install xposed framework to allow greenify of system apps. The option can be found under experimental features.
The Following User Says Thank You to crazymook For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cochran.191
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I already have Xposed installed and the option to Greenify system apps checked. I also have the donation version of Greenify. I just for some reason can't find the Chrome and Play Store apps to Greenify.

Joe0113
Old
Thanks Meter 1583

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by cochran.191 View Post
I already have Xposed installed and the option to Greenify system apps checked. I also have the donation version of Greenify. I just for some reason can't find the Chrome and Play Store apps to Greenify.

Just click the search icon then launch the Play Store and then add it to Greenify!

Sent from a Galaxy 5 light years away
Sprint Galaxy S3 Retired
Sprint Galaxy S4 Retired

Sprint Galaxy S5
ROM: MOAR v1
Kernel: Stock NE5 Kernel
Theme: Click Ui (Nova theme)
Modem: NE5
Apps I NEED: TiBu, Google Now, Beautiful Widgets, Greenify (Donate), Xposed, 8sms, NiLS/NiLS FP

Awesome Collection of Android Apps from XDA Developers!
Collection of Apps for Android Wear (Alphabetized and Categorized)!
The Following User Says Thank You to Joe0113 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cochran.191
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thank you. I had tried to do that before but my notification kept disappearing but I updated my app and it worked this time.

crazymook
Old
Thanks Meter 103
Does hibernating the play store really do much?

cochran.191
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
To be 100% honest, I am not sure. I haven't run any type of analysis on my battery life to check. But I know that when it's not hibernating it pretty much runs 24/7 and that it opens just as quickly from hibernation as when it isn't. I figure that it can't hurt having one less process running in the background all the time.

crazymook
Old
Thanks Meter 103
Even hibernating the Play Store, it begins running again after a few minutes. At least for me.

cochran.191
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
You can use the wakeup tracker to find out what is waking it up and cut it off that way. I haven't done that because it usually only wakes up when I turn the screen on. I Greenify after I turn the screen on and before I turn the screen off every time so that doesn't bother me.