Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,052 Members 45,517 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Rebooting your NEO as a first fix. . .

Tip us?

markbc01
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 222
Default Rebooting your NEO as a first fix. . .

I have a NEO and it's great, however I ran into a problem yesterday and missed the simplest fix to eliminate it. . .

If your gear 2 seems to not work well after installing new apps, please try rebooting the watch. This sounds basic, but it is a step that is often overlooked (ok, at least by me!) .

For example, I loaded about four-five of the new (paid & free) apps that have appeared on Samsung Apps website. After that, I suddenly noticed that my watch would not respond to "wake-up" motion. (Raise my hand, but it did not turn on, I had to press the home button).

I first thought that I would have to uninstall some offending app! However, after rebooting the watch. ..all worked well. ("Duuh"

This is a simple step that one often forgets. So, if your NEO seems to be sluggish or unresponsive after adding apps, reboot after loading (at least several) apps. . . . It solved the "wake-up" problem for me!
The Following User Says Thank You to markbc01 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mpogr
Old
Thanks Meter 48
I also found this to be a good cure for sudden surges of battery consumption...
The Following User Says Thank You to mpogr For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BigDanInTX
Old
Thanks Meter 34
This thing reboots so quickly, it could hardly be considered inconvenient!! ;-]
Samsung Galaxy SIII | Samsung Gear 2 Neo | Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
The Following User Says Thank You to BigDanInTX For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]