Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Moving LG G2 LS980 from Sprint to Verizon

OP cloudedmemory000

1st May 2014, 12:46 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
I have read all the guides for unlocking the SIM for GSM networks. But What I'm trying to do is use my Sprint LG G2 LS980 on my Verizon Account.

I have gotten the unlock SML from Sprint for the device and I know both networks are CDMA, so I should be able to put in a Verizon Sim, enter unlock code, the BOOM! Have my Verizon plan.

But when I insert the Verizon SIM card into the phone it says "No SIM card - Emergency calls only"

Why wont it even detect that there is a SIM card in the device.
1st May 2014, 01:27 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 4

37 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudedmemory000

I have read all the guides for unlocking the SIM for GSM networks. But What I'm trying to do is use my Sprint LG G2 LS980 on my Verizon Account.

I have gotten the unlock SML from Sprint for the device and I know both networks are CDMA, so I should be able to put in a Verizon Sim, enter unlock code, the BOOM! Have my Verizon plan.

But when I insert the Verizon SIM card into the phone it says "No SIM card - Emergency calls only"

Why wont it even detect that there is a SIM card in the device.

It won't work anyway...the voice network is CDMA, meaning that the serial number needs to be whitelisted by Verizon for the device to work. Unlocking only works for GSM devices; you might be able to use it on AT&T or T-Mobile (3G mode) since the UMTS network should work there.
1st May 2014, 02:55 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 13

270 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Max

It won't work anyway...the voice network is CDMA, meaning that the serial number needs to be whitelisted by Verizon for the device to work. Unlocking only works for GSM devices; you might be able to use it on AT&T or T-Mobile (3G mode) since the UMTS network should work there.

Call the new network now so you can port it from the old network
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread