Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,372 Members 39,439 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Can't figure this out

Tip us?

bigjack216
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 33
Default Can't figure this out

After flashing beans rom I completely lost 4G and have been unable to get it back for about 2 months now no matter which rom I'm on I even updated to the kitkat leak and still no 4G any ideas what I can do to fix this any helps appreciated

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

neopolotin75
Old
Thanks Meter 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjack216 View Post
After flashing beans rom I completely lost 4G and have been unable to get it back for about 2 months now no matter which rom I'm on I even updated to the kitkat leak and still no 4G any ideas what I can do to fix this any helps appreciated

Have you flashed the firmware? Odin back?

bigjack216
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 33
I've Odin back and everything back to stock 4.3 and all with no success wondering if I somehow fried my Sim card

shogun3340
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default This may help it helped me before

Quote:

*#*#4636#*#* you can find CDMA only and other types of CDMA there and I heard that S GS3 has the ability to run both CDMA and GSM. Your settings are wrong you just need to fix them

bigjack216
Old
(Last edited by bigjack216; 30th April 2014 at 06:52 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by shogun3340 View Post
*#*#4636#*#* you can find CDMA only and other types of CDMA there and I heard that S GS3 has the ability to run both CDMA and GSM. Your settings are wrong you just need to fix them
Thanks for the info and yeah I downloaded an app called 4G enabler and I do have the option for GSM but I will definitely let you know if this works

Edit: tried dialing that and it just says welcome to Verizon wireless nothing seems to be going my way haha

shogun3340
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Ok what rom are you running

Quote:
Thanks for the info and yeah I downloaded an app called 4G enabler and I do have the option for GSM but I will definitely let you know if this works

Edit: tried dialing that and it just says welcome to Verizon wireless nothing seems to be going my way haha
What rom are you running?

bigjack216
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by shogun3340 View Post
What rom are you running?
Currently running ricks rom when I go to access my test menu to change from CDMA to GSM it says menu unavailable so I'm guessing I'll just Odin back to stock again and see if I can fix the problem from there

bigjack216
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 33
After hours of trying I finally got into my settings after using Odin to go back to stock and reflashing the kk leak as far as I can see my settings are fine and no one else is experiencing this problem on stock 4.3 I have 4g but after flashing any rom I lose it Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1398907708133.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	2718565