Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Dollar store micro usb docks don't work?

OP Bwangster12

30th April 2014, 10:41 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 39

570 posts
More
I was in my local Dollar Tree the other day and they had micro usb docks for sale. Basically just a dock with a micro usb plug sticking up and a usb cable out the back. Thinking this would be perfect for my LG G2, I picked up 2.

Problem is that it does not seem to be recognized by my G2 at all. I plug it in and nothing happens. However, when I plug in my old Thunderbolt, the thing recognizes it immediately and my computer begins the install driver process.

Is it possible that the G2 doesn't recognize these cables and the Thunderbolt does?
30th April 2014, 10:49 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 1,513

2,540 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwangster12

I was in my local Dollar Tree the other day and they had micro usb docks for sale. Basically just a dock with a micro usb plug sticking up and a usb cable out the back. Thinking this would be perfect for my LG G2, I picked up 2.

Problem is that it does not seem to be recognized by my G2 at all. I plug it in and nothing happens. However, when I plug in my old Thunderbolt, the thing recognizes it immediately and my computer begins the install driver process.

Is it possible that the G2 doesn't recognize these cables and the Thunderbolt does?

It may be that the g2 doesn't detect the dock depending on your g2 model, only the vs980(vzw g2) has official dock support as far as I know

Sent from my LG-D800 running stock kk, rooted with philz using XDA app
1st May 2014, 12:23 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 39

570 posts
More
Its not like a nice dock...just seems like a cheap piece of plastic with a micro usb cable. Arent the real docks using a magnet or sensor?

I do have the vs980 btw.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
1st May 2014, 12:56 AM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 1,513

2,540 posts
More
well this raise the question since the vs980 g2 only has one official dock which is really freaking expensive, does it support other docks/does the official dock have some special connectors/magnet
1st May 2014, 03:30 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 13

270 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxZombiePikachu

well this raise the question since the vs980 g2 only has one official dock which is really freaking expensive, does it support other docks/does the official dock have some special connectors/magnet

does it have any instructional manual?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread