Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,676 Members 52,021 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Dollar store micro usb docks don't work?

Tip us?

Bwangster12
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 37
Default Dollar store micro usb docks don't work?

I was in my local Dollar Tree the other day and they had micro usb docks for sale. Basically just a dock with a micro usb plug sticking up and a usb cable out the back. Thinking this would be perfect for my LG G2, I picked up 2.

Problem is that it does not seem to be recognized by my G2 at all. I plug it in and nothing happens. However, when I plug in my old Thunderbolt, the thing recognizes it immediately and my computer begins the install driver process.

Is it possible that the G2 doesn't recognize these cables and the Thunderbolt does?

XxZombiePikachu
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwangster12 View Post
I was in my local Dollar Tree the other day and they had micro usb docks for sale. Basically just a dock with a micro usb plug sticking up and a usb cable out the back. Thinking this would be perfect for my LG G2, I picked up 2.

Problem is that it does not seem to be recognized by my G2 at all. I plug it in and nothing happens. However, when I plug in my old Thunderbolt, the thing recognizes it immediately and my computer begins the install driver process.

Is it possible that the G2 doesn't recognize these cables and the Thunderbolt does?
It may be that the g2 doesn't detect the dock depending on your g2 model, only the vs980(vzw g2) has official dock support as far as I know

Sent from my LG-D800 running stock kk, rooted with philz using XDA app

Bwangster12
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 37
Its not like a nice dock...just seems like a cheap piece of plastic with a micro usb cable. Arent the real docks using a magnet or sensor?

I do have the vs980 btw.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

XxZombiePikachu
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1138
well this raise the question since the vs980 g2 only has one official dock which is really freaking expensive, does it support other docks/does the official dock have some special connectors/magnet

buenarc
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxZombiePikachu View Post
well this raise the question since the vs980 g2 only has one official dock which is really freaking expensive, does it support other docks/does the official dock have some special connectors/magnet
does it have any instructional manual?