Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,743,085 Members 44,014 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

ZVC radio that works with other roms, and the obvious lack of organization.

Tip us?

agentfusion
Old
(Last edited by agentfusion; 1st May 2014 at 02:24 AM.) Reason: fixing typo. meant radio, not kernel.
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 91
Default ZVC radio that works with other roms, and the obvious lack of organization.

I'm really getting goddamn frustrated with how stupidly these forums are (NOT) organized.

In the main G2 forums there are plenty of roms that work with Sprint and people talk about using things like a modified ZVC radio to boot aosp based roms on phones with ZVC, yet there isn't a single thread for said radio in the actual Sprint section. This needs to change. If it's damn near impossible to find something so simple as a REQUIRED file to be able to boot between nand backup and a flashed rom then it's no wonder there aren't many developers. Not only did LG royally screw us with making this phone a streaming pile of brown bricks if you make the smallest mistake, but we also have everything spread across more than six forums when you need something (G2 Android, original, apps and themes, then the Sprint specific ones and even sometimes in general or Q/A)
Motorola StarTac->Panasonic GD30->Motorola C116->Sony Ericsson Z310->HTC Wizard->Samsung Blackjack->BlackBerry Curve 8310->BlackBerry Bold 9000->HTC Kaiser->Samsung Blackjack 2->HTC Dream->HTC Rhodium->HTC Aria->Samsung Captivate->iPhone 3GS->HTC Vivid->SGS3-> LG G2
Over 20 years of Cellphones, and I found a way to modify every single one!
LG G2
ROM: d3rp-g2 bareback m1
Carrier: Sprint
Amazon Kindle Fire 2
ROM: CM11

PloniAlmoni
Old
Thanks Meter 27
I haven't seen news of such a kernel. Link?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Cronic2009
Old
(Last edited by Cronic2009; 1st May 2014 at 02:18 AM.)
Thanks Meter 13
I see most users running custom ROMs ( I am not one of them ) are using Furnace or PAEK as their kernels, http://captaindbg.com/list-of-custom...nel-for-lg-g2/ <-- funny how this lists links, point right back to XDA , I can agree this forum does lack on some things, e.g. click on the tools/utilities tab from the Sprint LG G2 home page....spoiler.....its empty! Best of Luck Man, be careful when flashing kernels!
Phone: Sprint LGE G2 LS980
Custom Recovery: TWRP 2.6.3.3
ROM: Stock Jellybean 4.2.2
Radio: ZVA
Carrier: Simple Mobile
LG G2 Index of ROMS, Kernels, and more!!! HERE

agentfusion
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cronic2009 View Post
I see most users running custom ROMs ( I am not one of them ) are using Furnace or PAEK as their kernels, http://captaindbg.com/list-of-custom...nel-for-lg-g2/ <-- funny how this lists links, points right back to XDA , I can agree this forum does lack, e.g. click on the tools/utilities link....spoiler.....its empty! Best of Luck Man, be careful when flashing kernels
Quote:
Originally Posted by PloniAlmoni View Post
I haven't seen news of such a kernel. Link?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk
I meant radio, Not kernel.

When flashing any rom over ZVC you have to flash a ZVA radio to get any sound at all, and without ZVA radio you can't make calls. In some threads like the one for Mahdi rom, I've seen people mention a modded ZVC radio but there's no posts for it anywhere and anytime I ask people what freaking ZVC radio they're talking about that will work with both aosp roms AND stock nand backups I get no answer.

It's frustrating as all Hell because I'd like to be able to flash a rom from ZVC without having to tot and wipe the whole device to use stock again. If you flash ZVA radio to fix service and sound, you're stuck. If you try to restore a ZVC backup it won't boot until you use flash tool back to stock.
Motorola StarTac->Panasonic GD30->Motorola C116->Sony Ericsson Z310->HTC Wizard->Samsung Blackjack->BlackBerry Curve 8310->BlackBerry Bold 9000->HTC Kaiser->Samsung Blackjack 2->HTC Dream->HTC Rhodium->HTC Aria->Samsung Captivate->iPhone 3GS->HTC Vivid->SGS3-> LG G2
Over 20 years of Cellphones, and I found a way to modify every single one!
LG G2
ROM: d3rp-g2 bareback m1
Carrier: Sprint
Amazon Kindle Fire 2
ROM: CM11
The Following User Says Thank You to agentfusion For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

PloniAlmoni
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentfusion View Post
I meant radio, Not kernel.

When flashing any rom over ZVC you have to flash a ZVA radio to get any sound at all, and without ZVA radio you can't make calls. In some threads like the one for Mahdi rom, I've seen people mention a modded ZVC radio but there's no posts for it anywhere and anytime I ask people what freaking ZVC radio they're talking about that will work with both aosp roms AND stock nand backups I get no answer.

It's frustrating as all Hell because I'd like to be able to flash a rom from ZVC without having to tot and wipe the whole device to use stock again. If you flash ZVA radio to fix service and sound, you're stuck. If you try to restore a ZVC backup it won't boot until you use flash tool back to stock.
Sorry. That clears it up a bit, I've been a bit out of the loop, there's a way to go from ZVC to having a custom recovery without downgrading now?