Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

ZVC radio that works with other roms, and the obvious lack of organization.

OP agentfusion

1st May 2014, 01:07 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Baltimore
Thanks Meter: 95

373 posts
More
I'm really getting goddamn frustrated with how stupidly these forums are (NOT) organized.

In the main G2 forums there are plenty of roms that work with Sprint and people talk about using things like a modified ZVC radio to boot aosp based roms on phones with ZVC, yet there isn't a single thread for said radio in the actual Sprint section. This needs to change. If it's damn near impossible to find something so simple as a REQUIRED file to be able to boot between nand backup and a flashed rom then it's no wonder there aren't many developers. Not only did LG royally screw us with making this phone a streaming pile of brown bricks if you make the smallest mistake, but we also have everything spread across more than six forums when you need something (G2 Android, original, apps and themes, then the Sprint specific ones and even sometimes in general or Q/A)
Last edited by agentfusion; 1st May 2014 at 03:24 AM. Reason: fixing typo. meant radio, not kernel.
1st May 2014, 02:52 AM   |  #2  
Flag Brooklyn, NY
Thanks Meter: 28

137 posts
More
I haven't seen news of such a kernel. Link?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk
1st May 2014, 03:05 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 13

73 posts
More
I see most users running custom ROMs ( I am not one of them ) are using Furnace or PAEK as their kernels, http://captaindbg.com/list-of-custom...nel-for-lg-g2/ <-- funny how this lists links, point right back to XDA , I can agree this forum does lack on some things, e.g. click on the tools/utilities tab from the Sprint LG G2 home page....spoiler.....its empty! Best of Luck Man, be careful when flashing kernels!
Last edited by Cronic2009; 1st May 2014 at 03:18 AM.
1st May 2014, 03:23 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Baltimore
Thanks Meter: 95

373 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cronic2009

I see most users running custom ROMs ( I am not one of them ) are using Furnace or PAEK as their kernels, http://captaindbg.com/list-of-custom...nel-for-lg-g2/ <-- funny how this lists links, points right back to XDA , I can agree this forum does lack, e.g. click on the tools/utilities link....spoiler.....its empty! Best of Luck Man, be careful when flashing kernels

Quote:
Originally Posted by PloniAlmoni

I haven't seen news of such a kernel. Link?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

I meant radio, Not kernel.

When flashing any rom over ZVC you have to flash a ZVA radio to get any sound at all, and without ZVA radio you can't make calls. In some threads like the one for Mahdi rom, I've seen people mention a modded ZVC radio but there's no posts for it anywhere and anytime I ask people what freaking ZVC radio they're talking about that will work with both aosp roms AND stock nand backups I get no answer.

It's frustrating as all Hell because I'd like to be able to flash a rom from ZVC without having to tot and wipe the whole device to use stock again. If you flash ZVA radio to fix service and sound, you're stuck. If you try to restore a ZVC backup it won't boot until you use flash tool back to stock.
The Following User Says Thank You to agentfusion For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st May 2014, 03:35 AM   |  #5  
Flag Brooklyn, NY
Thanks Meter: 28

137 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentfusion

I meant radio, Not kernel.

When flashing any rom over ZVC you have to flash a ZVA radio to get any sound at all, and without ZVA radio you can't make calls. In some threads like the one for Mahdi rom, I've seen people mention a modded ZVC radio but there's no posts for it anywhere and anytime I ask people what freaking ZVC radio they're talking about that will work with both aosp roms AND stock nand backups I get no answer.

It's frustrating as all Hell because I'd like to be able to flash a rom from ZVC without having to tot and wipe the whole device to use stock again. If you flash ZVA radio to fix service and sound, you're stuck. If you try to restore a ZVC backup it won't boot until you use flash tool back to stock.

Sorry. That clears it up a bit, I've been a bit out of the loop, there's a way to go from ZVC to having a custom recovery without downgrading now?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread