Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,526 Members 49,586 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Flash to PagePlus without SIM Card

Tip us?

logitechnoob
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Flash to PagePlus without SIM Card

I had to search a long time last weekend to get PagePlus on my i535, but I was surprised I flashed it without my SIM installed.
Right now I can make calls and text without the SIM which I couldn't do with my LG Lucid on PagePlus (a 4G phone). I don't know if I went the hard way with flashing my Lucid to PagePlus by keeping the SIM installed, or if it's just the different phone.

For those that use PagePlus on your S3, do you have the SIM installed?

If it's the case that no one else has an S3 on PP without a SIM< I could make instructions on how to flash the S3 with the SIM.

Edit: I could be very noob by writing this, but oh well I'm curious.
The Following User Says Thank You to logitechnoob For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mjl5007
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Fellow noob here. I would *love* a guide (or even just some guidance/pointers to relevant threads/material) on flashing a Verizon S3 to PP. I'm on PP now with an old enV3 that is about ready to bite the dust and have been looking into upgrading, but the amount of information to parse and grok is just mind-boggling. I'm a programmer by profession so I have no trouble getting down and dirty -- just would really appreciate some help in the right direction. Even a brief overview of the entire flashing process would be helpful.

tl;dr - +1 for a guide!
The Following User Says Thank You to mjl5007 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

logitechnoob
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjl5007 View Post
Fellow noob here. I would *love* a guide (or even just some guidance/pointers to relevant threads/material) on flashing a Verizon S3 to PP. I'm on PP now with an old enV3 that is about ready to bite the dust and have been looking into upgrading, but the amount of information to parse and grok is just mind-boggling. I'm a programmer by profession so I have no trouble getting down and dirty -- just would really appreciate some help in the right direction. Even a brief overview of the entire flashing process would be helpful.

tl;dr - +1 for a guide!
Hey lol,
Flashing 4G phones to a 3G only network is tricky business and it's a pain in my experience. I can make a guide for sure sometime for the S3.

web_ninja
Old
Thanks Meter 48
I would love to have a guide also! That would help me alot.... can you pm me the instructions?

logitechnoob
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by web_ninja View Post
I would love to have a guide also! That would help me alot.... can you pm me the instructions?
I'll probably make a whole guide on who to do it and post it here.