Need a bit of help, not sure what to do

OP donk165

30th April 2014, 11:41 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag West Midlands
Thanks Meter: 88

419 posts
More
So I was running Ultimate PureXSP v2.1 and it was starting to get really bogged down and slow so I figured id try and reinstall the ROM over the existing install, so I went into TWRP and installed it, the install said failed but because of the touch debug messages, I couldnt see the error message.

Anyway, TWRP has always had erratic screen movements and general weirdness, it would keep going back to the homescreen when trying to flash. So I rebooted and it got stuck in a bootloop!

I used flashtool to put a stock 201 firmware on and now its runnning okay again. But I have lost root and recovery and I dont think 201 can be rooted unless I downgrade first but I will probably run into data problems, I cant use titanium backup or a nandroid to back up my data.

What should I do? I dont have any backup software that works without root and I cannot root without downgrading and losing data.

Can I unlock the bootloader from 201 and then add recovery and root? I already have a TA backup and my unlock key.

Any help would be great!

Sent from my C5303 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
1st May 2014, 04:46 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 191

300 posts
Yup, that's what I did.

Unlocked the bootloader. Then can flash any custom kernel. I flashed DoomLord's Adv Stock kernel, which has an inbuilt recovery. Then flash chainfire's SuperSU update through recovery to get root. Then can install any other recovery and flash stock .201 kernel back. One problem though.. YOU WILL LOSE ALL YOUR DATA (INCLUDING WIPING OF INTERNAL SDCARD) WHEN UNLOCKING THE BOOTLOADER. So, do you have any cwm data backup done before?

Edit: Backup&Restore app that comes with stock Rom is supposed to backup and restore data without root. But it never worked for me when restoring things. Other option is to use 'ADB backup' commands from a pc. It also didn't do restore properly for me. Can try those as last resorts.
Last edited by mrhnet; 1st May 2014 at 05:07 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to mrhnet For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread