Originally Posted by Gahar
My bill was around $185 with unlimited data and1400 minutes but total data usage for both phones were around 5 GB. So i went with edge plan and now no need to wait two years for upgrade. $10 saved is $10 gas for my car. Lol
Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Well if you simply don't use a lot of data i guess you save money dropping the unlimited data. Edge is the worst plan though. You have to pay half of the phone's full retail value before you can upgrade, then you trade the device in. So an S5 that would normally cost you $200 will now cost you $350. Say you bought the S4 for $200 on an upgrade last year, you could've sold it for ~$400 right before the S5 dropped. You could spend another $300 and get the S5 so still cheaper than Edge. Then next year, when you have another upgrade, you could sell the S5 for say the same $400 and spend the usual $200 for a phone on an upgrade. Then you're up $200 as well as having a new phone.
So, over two years, just by doing some simple work and selling your old phone yourself, you'll spend a total of ~$300 for three new phones. Getting three new phones on edge over two years will cost you about $1,050.
- CARRIER: Verizon
- PHONE: Samsung S4 HTC One Max
- CASE: Otterbox Defender modded to fit Anker 7800mah battery HTC PowerFlip
- BOOTLOADER: MDK, loki bypass S-OFF & Relocked
- RECOVERY: TWRP 2.7.x
- KERNEL: Ktoonsez with Project Icarus profile and Hydra script FlyKernel
- ROM: Eclipse TW 4.4 Adrenaline Sense 6
- LAUNCHER & MODS: Google Now launcher with XGEL settings, GravityBox, Heads Up notifications, & Android L navbar