FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

Who upgraded phone on VZW website THIS year and KEPT their Unlimited Data plan?

277 posts
Thanks Meter: 8
 
By THE-COPS, Senior Member on 27th April 2014, 10:57 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
1st May 2014, 04:10 AM |#11  
joshm.1219's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 1,715
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gahar

I went with the edge plan with 2 lines and 12 GB data for $172. Sacrificed unlimited data for every year upgrade.

damn dude you went from the very best value plan to the very worst value plan
 
 
1st May 2014, 04:19 AM |#12  
Member
Flag Bridgeport
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshm.1219

damn dude you went from the very best value plan to the very worst value plan

My bill was around $185 with unlimited data and1400 minutes but total data usage for both phones were around 5 GB. So i went with edge plan and now no need to wait two years for upgrade. $10 saved is $10 gas for my car. Lol

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
1st May 2014, 04:44 AM |#13  
joshm.1219's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 1,715
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gahar

My bill was around $185 with unlimited data and1400 minutes but total data usage for both phones were around 5 GB. So i went with edge plan and now no need to wait two years for upgrade. $10 saved is $10 gas for my car. Lol

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Well if you simply don't use a lot of data i guess you save money dropping the unlimited data. Edge is the worst plan though. You have to pay half of the phone's full retail value before you can upgrade, then you trade the device in. So an S5 that would normally cost you $200 will now cost you $350. Say you bought the S4 for $200 on an upgrade last year, you could've sold it for ~$400 right before the S5 dropped. You could spend another $300 and get the S5 so still cheaper than Edge. Then next year, when you have another upgrade, you could sell the S5 for say the same $400 and spend the usual $200 for a phone on an upgrade. Then you're up $200 as well as having a new phone.

So, over two years, just by doing some simple work and selling your old phone yourself, you'll spend a total of ~$300 for three new phones. Getting three new phones on edge over two years will cost you about $1,050.
1st May 2014, 04:55 AM |#14  
Member
Flag Bridgeport
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshm.1219

Well if you simply don't use a lot of data i guess you save money dropping the unlimited data. Edge is the worst plan though. You have to pay half of the phone's full retail value before you can upgrade, then you trade the device in. So an S5 that would normally cost you $200 will now cost you $350. Say you bought the S4 for $200 on an upgrade last year, you could've sold it for ~$400 right before the S5 dropped. You could spend another $300 and get the S5 so still cheaper than Edge. Then next year, when you have another upgrade, you could sell the S5 for say the same $400 and spend the usual $200 for a phone on an upgrade. Then you're up $200 as well as having a new phone.

So, over two years, just by doing some simple work and selling your old phone yourself, you'll spend a total of ~$300 for three new phones. Getting three new phones on edge over two years will cost you about $1,050.

Damn. I guess HR people from my job didn't do their math and if they did its their lost. Nice to know the price breakdown. Thanks

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to Gahar For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes