Screen Burn on Gear 2

OP krisez

1st May 2014, 05:18 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 1

26 posts
More
I've noticed that my home screen light areas are beginning to burn in, visible when a solid colour is displayed in the same area.
Motion activation is on, and I have been using the same home screen layout for almost the whole time I've owned it.
Has anyone else noticed this issue?
1st May 2014, 11:12 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 66

328 posts
More
This is an unfortunate side-effect of AMOLED screens, which I thought this watch would have not been susceptible to since it doesn't keep the display on constantly. Also, that has to be way too soon for burn-in on a device that can't be more than a month old. You should maybe contact Samsung or your vendor about a warranty replacement.
The Following User Says Thank You to rEVOLVE For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd May 2014, 05:39 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 1

26 posts
More
I bought the device at launch, which was barely a month ago. That was why I was surprised to see it burning in already.
Returning my Gear 1 for a defective camera involved 3 months of negotiation, 12 store visits, intervention by the office of fair trading and threats of legal action, I might wait until the device is damaged beyond any possible reasonable expectation of function before going through that nonsense again.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
screen burn samsung gear 2
Previous Thread Next Thread