Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,985 Members 54,271 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Determining cause of the RR

Tip us?

jcnbama
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 153
Question Determining cause of the RR

Lately my phone has been randomly rebooting like crazy. At least once a day. I can't remember when this started exactly and there doesn't appear to be any particular reason. I'll just be doing something and all at once it will freeze and then reboot. Is there any app or way to determine why this is happening? It's driving me nuts. I know it's only once a day and it only takes like 45 secs to reboot. But I don't know why it's happening...

Jank4AU
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1592

DONATE TO ME
Are you totally stock.?

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

ROM: ParanoidAndroid 4.4+ 2014-06-29
AT&T LG G2 - D800
TWRP 2.7.0.0

jcnbama
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jank4AU View Post
Are you totally stock.?

No. I'm on a stock rooted rom. With xposed. Just weird how it just started lately.

Sent from my T-Mobile LG G2 (Stock, Rooted, and fully X-Posed)
If I share something helpful with you along the way, then hit the THANKS button. I am not a developer so that's all I got.

For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength. Philippians 4:13
The Following User Says Thank You to jcnbama For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Jank4AU
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1592

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcnbama View Post
No. I'm on a stock rooted rom. With xposed. Just weird how it just started lately.

You could install SysLog from the Play Store and run it after each reboot. That will capture the dmsg and last_kmsg, as well as the modem log and something else. You can easily email that to the ROM dev and maybe he can help you sort it out.

You could also try freezing all non stock apps with titanium backup. Then unfreeze them only as you need one at a time, then to try to troubleshoot if its an app.

ROM: ParanoidAndroid 4.4+ 2014-06-29
AT&T LG G2 - D800
TWRP 2.7.0.0
The Following User Says Thank You to Jank4AU For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jcnbama
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jank4AU View Post
You could install SysLog from the Play Store and run it after each reboot. That will capture the dmsg and last_kmsg, as well as the modem log and something else. You can easily email that to the ROM dev and maybe he can help you sort it out.

You could also try freezing all non stock apps with titanium backup. Then unfreeze them only as you need one at a time, then to try to troubleshoot if its an app.

Thanks. I will keep that in mind. This is crazy. I am looking at some exposed stuff to and maybe an app I installed about two weeks ago that is supposed of reboot my phone once daily. Maybe it's gone haywire..... I forgot about it honestly. I am not sure if there is a connection but I will test that too....

If I share something helpful with you along the way, then hit the THANKS button. I am not a developer so that's all I got.

For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength. Philippians 4:13