Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,116 Members 44,721 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Flashing back to cyanogenmod erases flashed phone profiles/data

Tip us?

Jraynium
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Flashing back to cyanogenmod erases flashed phone profiles/data

Hi. I am hoping that someone is able to help me with this situation.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 d710 from Virgin Mobile, and I flashed it with all the info from my old sprint phone to use on Ting. I finally (after 15+ hours -_-) got it to work on Ting acting as my old crappy phone. I had flash back to a sprint rom because I could not connect with a modem connection (for dfs cdma tool thing) on cyanogenmod. After I got it to work, I promptly flashed back to cyanogen and pulled from a backup that I had made earlier. Boom. It seems like all the crucial pieces needed to make my phone connect to the network were erased.

Then I decided to flash back to the sprint rom. After spending another few hours (I kept having small problems and ended up calling technical support for some stuff) I got it working again. It is nice, I can text and call perfectly fine (haven't been able to try data yet) but I hate the stock roms with a passion. I NEED cyanogenmod back.

If anyone knows how to flash back without disrupting my frankenphone service, please help! Or, if you have info on how to fix it once it is flashed, that would also be sweet. Any help is veeeeeeery much appreciated!

Thanks,
Josh

Jraynium
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Alright, well it looks like I found a fix. I had to completely wipe the phone and do a fresh start on cyanogenmod. It seems to be the only way to do it :/