Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,772 Members 51,856 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Stuck on Clockworkmod Recovery Bootloop

Tip us?

Cinestra
Old
(Last edited by Cinestra; 1st May 2014 at 03:27 AM.) Reason: To make the text shorter and more precise
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Stuck on Clockworkmod Recovery Bootloop

Every time i try to boot up my phone, the logo screen shows up, and then it immediately gets redirected to ClockWorkMod.
I'm able to do everything in ClockWorkMod, but that's about it. All of Clockworkmod's features seem to work though.
I'm also able to enter into bootloader by holding the power button and the volume down button.
I tried doing a clean factory reset, but all it did was redirect me to ClockWorkMod.

Any suggestions on how to get out of this loop?

Chilidog
Old
Thanks Meter 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinestra View Post
Every time i try to boot up my phone, the logo screen shows up, and then it immediately gets redirected to ClockWorkMod.
I'm able to do everything in ClockWorkMod, but that's about it. All of Clockworkmod's features seem to work though.
I'm also able to enter into bootloader by holding the power button and the volume down button.
I tried doing a clean factory reset, but all it did was redirect me to ClockWorkMod.

Any suggestions on how to get out of this loop?
Install a rom.

Cinestra
Old
(Last edited by Cinestra; 1st May 2014 at 04:09 AM.) Reason: The first title could be interpreted as rude
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Unable to install a rom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilidog View Post
Install a rom.
I originally got into this spot when I was trying to install ViperOne onto my phone. Unfortunately, I don't have any other roms on my phone right now, and my computer doesn't recognize my phone while it's in ClockWorkMod or while it's in Bootloader (although I do here a ding sound whenever I connect my HTC One to the computer, I just can't see where the driver is at. And I'm not quite sure if I can do anything with it anyways).

Because my computer is unable to recognize my phone, I can't put on any roms onto my phone. So I can't install any new ones.

cmlusco
Old
Thanks Meter 919

DONATE TO ME
Go buy a usb-otg cable and a usb flash drive. You can get them both for under 20 bucks. Even cheaper if you already have a usb flash drive 5 bucks.
Sent From My HTC One (M7WLV) S-OFF Rooted
Hboot: 1.56.0000 (Unlocked)
Recovery: TWRP 2.6.3.4
Baseband: 1.13.41.0109_2
Kernel: ElementalX 13.5
PRL: 15287
Rom: Stock OTA 3.11.605.1

VZW HTC One Files - VZW1FILES.DYNDNS.ORG

HTC Incredible Files - DINC.DOES-IT.NET

Cinestra
Old
(Last edited by Cinestra; 1st May 2014 at 04:33 AM.) Reason: Clarification
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default That seems like a viable solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmlusco View Post
Go buy a usb-otg cable and a usb flash drive. You can get them both for under 20 bucks. Even cheaper if you already have a usb flash drive 5 bucks.
Thank you for the advice, that seems like a viable solution. However, are there any other solutions that wouldn't require me buying external hardware? I don't understand how I really even got into this recovery loop in the first place...

Would you just download a rom onto the card, plug that into the USB-otg cable, and then install it on the phone?
I'm just wondering... is it certain that the rom is the problem though?
What if it's the Clockworkmod?
If possible, I would just like to revert back to TWRP so i could just load its backups.

Cinestra
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Resolved

I was able to revert from ClockWorkMod recovery to TWRP using this tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnESTcH2ioA and then i was able to recover my system to its original point. Thank you all for the advice!