Samsung Galaxy S4 also Receives Android Lollipop Port

Once upon a time, when the original Samsung Galaxy S was just a dream for most XDA … more

How to Control Both Moto G and Moto E LEDs

Notification LEDs offer a great way to check for notification at a glance on the Moto G (2013) and … more

LG G3 Receives Oversharpening Fix via Modified Kernel

Nothing is perfect, as they say. No matter how alluring or seemingly perfect, … more

APKTool Updated with Android Lollipop Support

One of the beauties of Android is the level of flexibility we have over our devices. Whether … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Stuck on Clockworkmod Recovery Bootloop

OP Cinestra

1st May 2014, 04:19 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

10 posts
Every time i try to boot up my phone, the logo screen shows up, and then it immediately gets redirected to ClockWorkMod.
I'm able to do everything in ClockWorkMod, but that's about it. All of Clockworkmod's features seem to work though.
I'm also able to enter into bootloader by holding the power button and the volume down button.
I tried doing a clean factory reset, but all it did was redirect me to ClockWorkMod.

Any suggestions on how to get out of this loop?
Last edited by Cinestra; 1st May 2014 at 04:27 AM. Reason: To make the text shorter and more precise
1st May 2014, 04:52 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 112

653 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinestra

Every time i try to boot up my phone, the logo screen shows up, and then it immediately gets redirected to ClockWorkMod.
I'm able to do everything in ClockWorkMod, but that's about it. All of Clockworkmod's features seem to work though.
I'm also able to enter into bootloader by holding the power button and the volume down button.
I tried doing a clean factory reset, but all it did was redirect me to ClockWorkMod.

Any suggestions on how to get out of this loop?

Install a rom.
1st May 2014, 05:03 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

10 posts
Unable to install a rom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilidog

Install a rom.

I originally got into this spot when I was trying to install ViperOne onto my phone. Unfortunately, I don't have any other roms on my phone right now, and my computer doesn't recognize my phone while it's in ClockWorkMod or while it's in Bootloader (although I do here a ding sound whenever I connect my HTC One to the computer, I just can't see where the driver is at. And I'm not quite sure if I can do anything with it anyways).

Because my computer is unable to recognize my phone, I can't put on any roms onto my phone. So I can't install any new ones.
Last edited by Cinestra; 1st May 2014 at 05:09 AM. Reason: The first title could be interpreted as rude
1st May 2014, 05:16 AM   |  #4  
Flag Michigan City, IN
Thanks Meter: 931

3,146 posts
Donate to Me
More
Go buy a usb-otg cable and a usb flash drive. You can get them both for under 20 bucks. Even cheaper if you already have a usb flash drive 5 bucks.
1st May 2014, 05:26 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

10 posts
That seems like a viable solution
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmlusco

Go buy a usb-otg cable and a usb flash drive. You can get them both for under 20 bucks. Even cheaper if you already have a usb flash drive 5 bucks.

Thank you for the advice, that seems like a viable solution. However, are there any other solutions that wouldn't require me buying external hardware? I don't understand how I really even got into this recovery loop in the first place...

Would you just download a rom onto the card, plug that into the USB-otg cable, and then install it on the phone?
I'm just wondering... is it certain that the rom is the problem though?
What if it's the Clockworkmod?
If possible, I would just like to revert back to TWRP so i could just load its backups.
Last edited by Cinestra; 1st May 2014 at 05:33 AM. Reason: Clarification
1st May 2014, 08:01 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

10 posts
Resolved
I was able to revert from ClockWorkMod recovery to TWRP using this tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnESTcH2ioA and then i was able to recover my system to its original point. Thank you all for the advice!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread