OP WeActOnImpulse

27th April 2014, 04:22 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

13 posts
Donate to Me
More
Hello,
Not sure if I am supposed to (allowed to?) ask for help or troubleshooting on Nightlies. ^_^' So sorry if I am doing something wrong. I'm fairly new and have only really helped a couple of people fix stuff here on XDA.
I have an LG Optimus G pro e980 running cm-11-20140425-NIGHTLY which is Android 4.4.2 KitKat. When I flashed it I factory reset, cleared cache, cleared dalvik cache, and flashed the ROM and flashed Gapps. When the ROM booted up I didn't do a second factory reset, don't know if this is bad. Here is the tutorial I followed. http://true-android.blogspot.com/201...ndroid_10.html I still have excellent battery life, it just doesn't charge as quickly as it used to. I think the battery life is actually better with Cyanogen.
I was having terrible battery life but it was because I had setCPU holding the CPU at 1.7ghz constantly, and CleanMaster wouldn't allow the phone to deep sleep. I can deep sleep now and have resolved all battery drainage issues.
Here's screens of CPU
http://sta.sh/0171wdoktq5v (images weren't showing for me so these are the links)
That is after 23 hours uptime.
http://sta.sh/0272iovco1ib
http://sta.sh/0x3evjyycsq

On stock ROM I could 100% the phone in 45 minutes to an hour from like 20-30% range. it would take only a few minutes when I was around 85%. It charged ridiculously fast and I loved it. Now on Cyanogenmod it takes 6-8+ hours to charge. I find myself tied to a charger all day now. Sometimes when I put it on the charger at night and wake up it'll only be at like 94%. I did some research and I think it might be the kernel changing the voltage regulator's amperage limit. I don't know if this is the issue, or how to go about fixing it. I haven't flashed a kernel myself (at least I don't think so). Kernels are new to me. Perhaps there is an app to change the voltage regulator's setting, or a different kernel? or maybe it's just a problem with the Nightly and it will be resolved eventually? Seriously this is almost enough to make me go to the stock ROM again, lolxd.

Also, I get the message every few minutes "Unfortunately, Google+ has stopped responding". Could be this be because I didn't do the second factory reset?
Thanks, the best.
Last edited by WeActOnImpulse; 27th April 2014 at 05:07 AM.
27th April 2014, 05:22 AM   |  #2  
Flag Tampa, Florida
Thanks Meter: 37

208 posts
More
Bad flash? Have you tried a clean install?

Sent from my LG-E980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to stulzerl For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th April 2014, 09:07 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

13 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stulzerl

Bad flash? Have you tried a clean install?

Sent from my LG-E980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I did a clean install and it is still charging much slower than it was on the stock ROM. The "Unfortunately, Google+ has stopped" error is gone though. That's good. ^_^ Think it's just because KitKat draws in too many system resources? Then again my battery life is still great as far as I can tell... Hmm...
1st May 2014, 08:01 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

13 posts
Donate to Me
More
working
Thought I would update on this. It's working now.
Thanks for the advice on flashing again as that solved a lot of problems i was having.
It seems to have sorted itself out over time, though. It's charging just as quickly as ever now. (If not faster than ever). It probably just needed a few charge/discharge cycles for the new ROM to adjust to the battery capacity. Thanks for the help, though. ^^
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread