Android 5.0 Lollipop in 3D–EVO 3D, That Is!

It is that time of the year once again. Flowers bloom (or snow falls, depending on which … more

Gaming Console with Lollipop? Ouya Gets an Android TV Port

Android is a very flexible platform, and it can be used on a large variety of … more

Android App Review: Manage Your Connections Automagically – XDA TV

Material Design is all the buzz in the Android world right now. … more

Official TWRP Recovery Lands on Micromax Canvas Magnus

With the recent release of Android One, Micromax and MediaTek released fully buildable … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

SD Card Wiped after RUU?

OP IdiotSavante

1st May 2014, 07:03 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 8

48 posts
So I needed to Unlock my HTC One X, and for that I needed to RUU, which I did without incident. But now, all my SD Card contents are gone? I thought I did enough research and everything I read said RUU doesn't mess with the SD card.

Turns out, it does, or am I missing something?

Appreciate the replies in advance. I'm very very buggered. I did a full Nandroid and everything, which is of course, gone.
1st May 2014, 07:17 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 7,210

15,017 posts
Donate to Me
More
An RUU doesn't usually wipe the sd card, but it has on rare occasions done so. More information required though, what are your bootloader details (before and after the RUU)? Which RUU did you run? What made you think you needed to RUU in order to unlock the bootloader?

Sent from my Evita
1st May 2014, 07:22 AM   |  #3  
OP Member

48 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmaaa

An RUU doesn't usually wipe the sd card, but it has on rare occasions done so. More information required though, what are your bootloader details (before and after the RUU)? Which RUU did you run? What made you think you needed to RUU in order to unlock the bootloader?

Sent from my Evita

I used
http://dl3.htc.com/application/HTC_O...5.18.502.1.exe
for the RUU.

I needed to be on a Stock Rom according to posts on XDA that I read in order to Unlock my phone for use with T-Mobile, switching over from AT&T.
I'm on 5.18 now, was on 3.14 if I remember correctly. Whatever I needed to be on to use CleanRom, I was on.
1st May 2014, 07:30 AM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Melbourne

15,017 posts
Donate to Me
More
Ahh ok, you're talking about SIM unlocking. You didn't actually need to run an RUU, just flashing a Sense ROM would have been fine. There is no such firmware as 3.14, and it depends on which build of Cleanrom you were on. Either way, it looks as though you got unlucky because I've seen multiple people run the 5.18 RUU without any issues (apart from sometimes needing to run it twice to get it to work fully).

Out of interest, do you have SuperCID? Did you relock the bootloader prior to running the RUU? Do you have s-off?

Sent from my Evita
1st May 2014, 07:32 AM   |  #5  
OP Member

48 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmaaa

Ahh ok, you're talking about SIM unlocking. You didn't actually need to run an RUU, just flashing a Sense ROM would have been fine. There is no such firmware as 3.14, and it depends on which build of Cleanrom you were on. Either way, it looks as though you got unlucky because I've seen multiple people run the 5.18 RUU without any issues (apart from sometimes needing to run it twice to get it to work fully).

Out of interest, do you have SuperCID? Did you relock the bootloader prior to running the RUU? Do you have s-off?

Sent from my Evita

I was on a Sense ROM and it never asked me to insert my unlock code when I used a different sim. I was S-OFF before I ran RUU. Of course now I had to re-root the phone and that's where I've stopped. I may throw Viper on it, but I'm just deflated from losing all of my stuff.
1st May 2014, 08:23 AM   |  #6  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Melbourne

15,017 posts
Donate to Me
More
Interesting. For future reference, because you were s-off you didn't need to relock your bootloader or anything to run the RUU, you could have just run it. Then afterwards you just flash TWRP recovery again and away you go.

Sent from my Evita
The Following User Says Thank You to timmaaa For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread