Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,329 Members 39,048 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Vertical line on HTC One M7 display

Tip us?

Wielki.Brat
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Unhappy [Q] Vertical line on HTC One M7 display

Hi
I have problem with display of my Gold HTC One M7, last night I connect phone to charger and was all fine, today mornig when I disconnect phone from charger I discovery on my screen few vertical line. This line is only on middle of screen.
What is that? I need replace screen in this case? I try factory reset but nothing help.

Phone is around 6 months old but I don't have sale receipt and phone have unlock bootloader and it's rebranded.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Zrzut ekranu 2014-04-28 22.08.17.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	29.4 KB
ID:	2717343  

alray
Old
Thanks Meter 1,053

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wielki.Brat View Post
Hi
I have problem with display of my Gold HTC One M7, last night I connect phone to charger and was all fine, today mornig when I disconnect phone from charger I discovery on my screen few vertical line. This line is only on middle of screen.
What is that? I need replace screen in this case? I try factory reset but nothing help.

Phone is around 6 months old but I don't have sale receipt and phone have unlock bootloader and it's rebranded.
This line is a sign of a defective LCD. Generally it will get worse with time. I had the same issue with a laptop last year. 2 vertical lines showed off first and a month later half of the screen were covered by these lines.

The only solution is to replace the LCD panel, sorry
If I've helped you, please hit the ''tanks'' button
If you want a reply, quote or mention me using @alray

Useful links for the HTC One:
nkk71's SuperGUIDE to returning 100% back to stock
Flashing requirements chart by nkk71
HTC1Guru.com by crushalot

Wielki.Brat
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by alray View Post
This line is a sign of a defective LCD. Generally it will get worse with time. I had the same issue with a laptop last year. 2 vertical lines showed off first and a month later half of the screen were covered by these lines.

The only solution is to replace the LCD panel, sorry
Ok Thanks for replay, I contact witch HTC support and they told me that I can send this phone to Service and they check for me what is wrong and after I can decidend to repair or not, for this check they want just 25 pounds. I don't know this is good idea phone is S-Off and unlock bootloader. Maybe I try sell on ebay like spare or repair.

alray
Old
Thanks Meter 1,053

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wielki.Brat View Post
Ok Thanks for replay, I contact witch HTC support and they told me that I can send this phone to Service and they check for me what is wrong and after I can decidend to repair or not, for this check they want just 25 pounds. I don't know this is good idea phone is S-Off and unlock bootloader. Maybe I try sell on ebay like spare or repair.
Phone must be 100% stock to be repaired under warranty. You'll have to flash back stock rom, set bootloader to locked (not relocked), remove the tampered flag and unfortunately, S-ON. Check the guide linked in my signature for detailed instructions (nkk71's guide)
If I've helped you, please hit the ''tanks'' button
If you want a reply, quote or mention me using @alray

Useful links for the HTC One:
nkk71's SuperGUIDE to returning 100% back to stock
Flashing requirements chart by nkk71
HTC1Guru.com by crushalot