Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,235 Members 51,715 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Deleted stock calendar app, no calendar apps will sync? how to fix?

Tip us?

estemshorn
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Deleted stock calendar app, no calendar apps will sync? how to fix?

After rooting my LG-LS980 (The Sprint G2), the first thing I did was delete bloatware. I deleted pretty much every unnecessary bloat app, and then I went through and deleted & replaced apps with their better, google counterparts. For example, I deleted the stock messaging app and replaced it with hangouts. I tried to do the same thing with the calendar app (replacing it with google calendar), but apparently if you delete the stock calendar app, NO calendar app will sync. Not google calendar, not aCalendar. I tried them both and they both are functionless. I looked around for the apk and coincidentally all of the .apk files I could find were dead links. I would love if someone could either help me get the stock app back or help me make it so I can sync google calendar.

I would like to leave restoring to my last backup as the last resort because I haven't backed up in a while due to low memory space. I swear though the second I fix this i'm going to back up again.

keyman91
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by estemshorn View Post
After rooting my LG-LS980 (The Sprint G2), the first thing I did was delete bloatware. I deleted pretty much every unnecessary bloat app, and then I went through and deleted & replaced apps with their better, google counterparts. For example, I deleted the stock messaging app and replaced it with hangouts. I tried to do the same thing with the calendar app (replacing it with google calendar), but apparently if you delete the stock calendar app, NO calendar app will sync. Not google calendar, not aCalendar. I tried them both and they both are functionless. I looked around for the apk and coincidentally all of the .apk files I could find were dead links. I would love if someone could either help me get the stock app back or help me make it so I can sync google calendar.

I would like to leave restoring to my last backup as the last resort because I haven't backed up in a while due to low memory space. I swear though the second I fix this i'm going to back up again.
Sounds like you deleted the Calendar Storage system apk that is needed to sync calendars. I've got the stock calendar removed and everything works fine for me.

I've attached a TiBu backup for it but note that it may not work for you as I'm on Stock KitKat and running the Australian variant (D802-T).