Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,116 Members 47,677 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to unlock S5 region lock

Tip us?

etaiso
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default How to unlock S5 region lock

Hi,

I have a Galaxy S5 which is region locked to the Americas. I'm trying to use it in other region, but when inserting non-USA SIM it asks me for a PIN code to unlock.
I have stumbled acrosst his site (with another one that offers the same service):
---.fastgsm.com/en/page/how-to-unlock-samsung-via-imei-s5230-star-s5620-monte-galaxy-tab-s3370

replace --- with www

Do you think it is safe? What other alternatives I have rather than going to the USA and making a five minutes call?

radicalisto
Old
Thanks Meter 1385

DONATE TO ME
Sounds like SIM-Lock rather than Region Lock. - Both are different and I think you may have confused them

SIM-Lock means it is locked to a carrier, region lock would show no signal and no service etc until you had bypassed it by making that 5minute phone call
// LG G3 (D855) // Stock // Stock //

// HTC One (M8) // GPE Stock // Stock GPE//

// Nexus 7 (flo) // Android L // Stock//

S3(White) > M7(Red) > Note 3(Black) > Nexus 5(Black) > M8(Gunmetal)/LG G3 (Titan Grey)

etaiso
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by radicalisto View Post
Sounds like SIM-Lock rather than Region Lock. - Both are different and I think you may have confused them

SIM-Lock means it is locked to a carrier, region lock would show no signal and no service etc until you had bypassed it by making that 5minute phone call
No, it's SIM unlocked. I get message saying to insert "SIM network unlock PIN" which is region-lock, according to search in google.

zabamich81
Old
Thanks Meter 0
European Model: This product should be activated with a SIM card issued from a mobile operator within Europe. (as defined EU/EEA, Switzerland and the following Non-EEA countries Albania, Andorra, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia (F.Y.R.O.M), Monaco, Montenegro, San Marino, Serbia and Vatican City.) To use SIM cards from other regions, a cumulative call over five minutes must first be made with the SIM card from European operators.

timweri
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I'm having the same problem with the SM-G900H from America. I'm in Singapore now. Is it possible to use a USA-sim to unlock the phone WITHIN Singapore?

etaiso
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by timweri View Post
I'm having the same problem with the SM-G900H from America. I'm in Singapore now. Is it possible to use a USA-sim to unlock the phone WITHIN Singapore?
I'm not sure, I would try this with roaming but I guess the system is smarter and will check for location.
I ended up buying an unlock code from Cellunlocker.net. They are very fast and responsive, and the code did the work for me.

timweri
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by etaiso View Post
I'm not sure, I would try this with roaming but I guess the system is smarter and will check for location.
I ended up buying an unlock code from Cellunlocker.net. They are very fast and responsive, and the code did the work for me.
I'm not sure. I think you're lucky...
I purchased a code from them but it doesn't work. I asked them and got this:

Quote:
Hi

We do not unlock region locks. We only unlock the network.

This was written in red font on our website while placing your order:

All SAMSUNG devices manufactured after the date of JULY 2013 and Samsung devices running on Android version is Android 4.4 (KITKAT) are subject to REGION LOCKING

If your phone has been used previously with the original carrier, this will not apply to you. However, if your device is BRAND NEW, your must activate it with the original carrier.

If your Samsung device becomes Region locked, you will not be able to fully factory Unlock your Samsung devices so it can be used internationally. Even the correct code will not work anymore.

*All USA and European Carriers ARE subject to Region Locking
I totally ignored this as on their website, above this part says:
Quote:
PLEASE READ THIS DISCLAIMER: If you have a Samsung Galaxy S3, S4, Note 2, Note 3 or your Android version is Android 4.4 (KITKAT)
Is there any other site that can really unlock a region lock?

hemander
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 25
Try this:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1n...-bell-etc_tech

ruinkhan
Old
Thanks Meter 146
Try this
Hit Thanks if my post was useful (most of them are not )
Noob's Paradise - I know you have a question, this should answer it

etaiso
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by timweri View Post
I'm not sure. I think you're lucky...
I purchased a code from them but it doesn't work. I asked them and got this:

I totally ignored this as on their website, above this part says:

Is there any other site that can really unlock a region lock?
I selected the "Phone freeze + network unlock" from their menu. They provided 4 different codes, and when first used the network unlock code it didn't work, but I then entered the freeze code and it did the job.