Fully Working Harman / Kardon "conversion" for all HTC ONE M8 variants!-discountinued

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

baadnewz

Recognized Developer
Sep 2, 2008
Bucharest
insertcoin-roms.org
Fully Working Harman / Kardon "conversion" for all HTC ONE M8 variants!-discountinued

WARNINGS - READ before you proceed further!

- Does NOT work on GPE, put Sense on it and it will work

- Users with stock ROMs (especially US), if your base number is 1.1x then H/K won't show in your settings because it simply lacks the code. update to a newer base or flash a custom rom

- it is recommend to have S-OFF

- do NOT attempt this on m7. IT WILL BREAK YOUR PHONE!

Installation

Depends on your luck you might also need S-OFF to fully benefit of this hack - i say might because depending on your firmware you might need to update ADSP (Advanced Digital Signal Processor) as firmware as well and for that you need S-OFF.

If you are S-ON and feeling lucky grab View attachment hk_enable_v3.zip and flash from recovery. it will only enable H/K in settings and update the rom files for it

If you are S-OFF grab View attachment hk_enable_and_adsp_update_v3.zip with all in one zip solution. it will do anything from enabling H/K in settings to updating ADSP.

For uninstall grab the zip from the bottom of this post

Troubleshooting

ISSUE 1: I've flashed the zip and after reboot I do not have HK in Settings!! HALP!!!

Reason: Happens because you did not have false line in system/customize/ACC/default.xml so script did not find it so it couldn't replace false with true

Solution::go to /system/customize/ACC/default.xml
search for and just it below it add:

true

The final result should look like this:
Code:
<app name="Android_Multimedia">
  <item type="integer" name="has_default_alarm_volume">6</item>
  <item type="integer" name="has_default_media_headset_volume">7</item>
  <item type="integer" name="has_default_media_speaker_volume">10</item>
  <item type="integer" name="has_default_ringtone_volume">5</item>
  <item type="boolean" name="spport_screen_light">false</item>
  <item type="boolean" name="support_a2dp_safevolume">false</item>
  <item type="boolean" name="support_camera_enforce_shuttersound">false</item>
  <item type="boolean" name="support_customer_proxy">false</item>
  <item type="boolean" name="support_customization_fallback">false</item>
  <item type="boolean" name="support_harman">true</item>
  <item type="boolean" name="support_miit_request">false</item>
  <item type="boolean" name="support_music_ringtone">false</item>
  <item type="boolean" name="support_outdoor_mode">false</item>
  <item type="boolean" name="support_qcelp">false</item>
  <item type="boolean" name="support_theater_effect_logo">false</item>
  <item type="integer" name="use_ringtone_for_notification">1</item>
</app>

Reboot. Profit!

ISSUE 2. I have HK and everything but when i play mp3 in HTC Music app i hear nothing. HALP!!! you broke my phone

Reason: Happens because you need to update your adsp (Advanced Digital Signal Processor) firmware.
Solution: You should have flashed View attachment hk_enable_and_adsp_update_v3.zip but i repeat you need to be S-OFF for this, if you are S-ON afraid you are out of luck

ISSUE 3 I did everything and it still doesn't show up on my Verizon M8

Reason: Happens Because Verizon uses a different settings.apk.
Solution:Grab http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=54272102&postcount=940 and flash from recovery

ISSUE 4 I did everything and it still doesn't show up on my phone

Reason: Happens Because you have a stock 1.1x base rom on your phone which simply lacks the code for HK in settings
Solution: update to a 1.5x base rom (custom or stock)

Credits
@ivicask for bumping ideas, @flar2 for some feedback, @migascalp for scripts, @andybones for verizon settings.apk @O.M.J for HK dump from where i got the files, @lyapota even though we worked separated we came to mostly the same files which confirmed i was on the right direction and everyone who offered feedback and helped me nail it down.

Permissions:
Free for all. you can include it in your roms / tools / scripts, just post some credits in the spirit of XDA.

Post Updated May 05 2014

Changelog
Code:
v3
- updated script to disable boomsound when enables HK 
v2
added 24 khz to audio config
v1
initial release

Attachments

• verizon_hk_settings_fix.zip
    8.4 MB · Views: 7,109
  • hk_disable_v3.zip
    489.8 KB · Views: 5,518
  • hk_disable_and_adsp_stock_v3.zip
    5 MB · Views: 7,664
Last edited:
@baadnewz
Thanks a lot for your useful job
Downloaded and I'll tried quickly ;)

I've tried with Stock 4.4.2 and it works well :good:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-05-01-11-02-33.png
    Screenshot_2014-05-01-11-02-33.png
    104.2 KB · Views: 15,078
Last edited:

E_n_T

Jun 5, 2012
Stockholm
Baad and crew. ?

I dont use much mp3 since most i listrn to is on spotify. But i guess thus will work for that also. Gonna give this a whirl

Skickat från min HTC One_M8 via Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 11:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 AM ----------

Baad and crew. ?

I dont use much mp3 since most i listrn to is on spotify. But i guess thus will work for that also. Gonna give this a whirl

Edit. Seems to be working just fine. Thx a million for this.
Insertcoincrew for leaders. :)

Reactions: shorty1483

shorty1483

@baadnewz

For which reason some ppl have no problems (like me) with sound in Music App but some have?

Has it to do with the Firmware 1.54.401.5 WWE and ppl on other Fw?

Further the initial zip from here http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=52294479&postcount=2810 worked out of the box for me yesterday. Only difference to your Zip is the included system/etc/audio_policy.conf. Do I still need to flash something from here, e.g. Firmware?

Last edited:

baadnewz

Recognized Developer
Sep 2, 2008
Bucharest
insertcoin-roms.org
@baadnewz

For which reason some ppl have no problems (like me) with sound in Music App but some have?

Has it to do with the Firmware 1.54.401.5 WWE and ppl on other Fw?

Further the initial zip from here http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=52294479&postcount=2810 worked out of the box for me yesterday. Only difference to your Zip is the included system/etc/audio_policy.conf. Do I still need to flash something from here, e.g. Firmware?

The answer to your question is covered under issue 2

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Reactions: RiceDie

baadnewz

Recognized Developer
Sep 2, 2008
Bucharest
insertcoin-roms.org
Reactions: RiceDie

krazie1

Jun 5, 2010
So flashing the adsp firmware on Verizon HTC one is fine? I flashed and did issue 1 and its still not showing up so want to do issue 2.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

baadnewz

Recognized Developer
Sep 2, 2008
Bucharest
insertcoin-roms.org
So flashing the adsp firmware on Verizon HTC one is fine? I flashed and did issue 1 and its still not showing up so want to do issue 2.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

If it's not showing up after doing issue 1 then do not proceed to issue 2 because it on fix not showing in settings. Verizon might need some editing.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Reactions: zyexx and krazie1

jlevy73

Nov 8, 2009
Los Angeles
Flashed the hk_zip worked immediately. Through headphones it's definitely noticeable. Much improved bass. Through the external speaker can't really tell a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

WARNINGS - READ before you proceed further!

- Does NOT work on GPE, put Sense on it and it will work

- Users with stock ROMs (especially US), if your base number is 1.1x then H/K won't show in your settings because it simply lacks the code. update to a newer base or flash a custom rom

- it is recommend to have S-OFF

- do NOT attempt this on m7. IT WILL BREAK YOUR PHONE!

Installation

Depends on your luck you might also need S-OFF to fully benefit of this hack - i say might because depending on your firmware you might need to update ADSP (Advanced Digital Signal Processor) as firmware as well and for that you need S-OFF.

If you are S-ON and feeling lucky grab View attachment hk_enable_v3.zip and flash from recovery. it will only enable H/K in settings and update the rom files for it

If you are S-OFF grab View attachment hk_enable_and_adsp_update_v3.zip with all in one zip solution. it will do anything from enabling H/K in settings to updating ADSP.

For uninstall grab the zip from the bottom of this post

Troubleshooting

ISSUE 1: I've flashed the zip and after reboot I do not have HK in Settings!! HALP!!!

Reason: Happens because you did not have false line in system/customize/ACC/default.xml so script did not find it so it couldn't replace false with true

Solution::go to /system/customize/ACC/default.xml
    search for and just it below it add:

true

The final result should look like this:
    Code:
    <app name="Android_Multimedia">
      <item type="integer" name="has_default_alarm_volume">6</item>
      <item type="integer" name="has_default_media_headset_volume">7</item>
      <item type="integer" name="has_default_media_speaker_volume">10</item>
      <item type="integer" name="has_default_ringtone_volume">5</item>
      <item type="boolean" name="spport_screen_light">false</item>
      <item type="boolean" name="support_a2dp_safevolume">false</item>
      <item type="boolean" name="support_camera_enforce_shuttersound">false</item>
      <item type="boolean" name="support_customer_proxy">false</item>
      <item type="boolean" name="support_customization_fallback">false</item>
      <item type="boolean" name="support_harman">true</item>
      <item type="boolean" name="support_miit_request">false</item>
      <item type="boolean" name="support_music_ringtone">false</item>
      <item type="boolean" name="support_outdoor_mode">false</item>
      <item type="boolean" name="support_qcelp">false</item>
      <item type="boolean" name="support_theater_effect_logo">false</item>
      <item type="integer" name="use_ringtone_for_notification">1</item>
    </app>

Reboot. Profit!

ISSUE 2. I have HK and everything but when i play mp3 in HTC Music app i hear nothing. HALP!!! you broke my phone

Reason: Happens because you need to update your adsp (Advanced Digital Signal Processor) firmware.
    Solution: You should have flashed View attachment hk_enable_and_adsp_update_v3.zip but i repeat you need to be S-OFF for this, if you are S-ON afraid you are out of luck

ISSUE 3 I did everything and it still doesn't show up on my Verizon M8

Reason: Happens Because Verizon uses a different settings.apk.
    Solution:Grab http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=54272102&postcount=940 and flash from recovery

ISSUE 4 I did everything and it still doesn't show up on my phone

Reason: Happens Because you have a stock 1.1x base rom on your phone which simply lacks the code for HK in settings
    Solution: update to a 1.5x base rom (custom or stock)

Credits
    @ivicask for bumping ideas, @flar2 for some feedback, @migascalp for scripts, @andybones for verizon settings.apk @O.M.J for HK dump from where i got the files, @lyapota even though we worked separated we came to mostly the same files which confirmed i was on the right direction and everyone who offered feedback and helped me nail it down.

Permissions:
    Free for all. you can include it in your roms / tools / scripts, just post some credits in the spirit of XDA.

Post Updated May 05 2014

Changelog
    Code:
    v3
    - updated script to disable boomsound when enables HK 
    v2
    added 24 khz to audio config
    v1
    initial release
    all right . updated zips as well as post. should be easier for everyone now. enjoy
    For anyone who feels the speakers and everything had been reduced significantly, thanks to @jovy23, below are flashable zips to raise the volume throughout phone. There's also a stick zip I'm cease you don't like the one you flashed. All credit for this goes to Jovy for making this even though he doesn't own the phone

FOR HTC ONE M8 VOLUME BOOSTING SOUND MODS...
    Stock Volume =*https://db.tt/BZ9eBJ8y...
    Very Loud =* https://db.tt/TPZkER0m ..
    Moderate =*https://db.tt/fYzQGy6W...
    Moderate Lite =*https://db.tt/jj2P0Ka0...

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app
    i'll try to ask a XDA moderator to give you the OP if you really want to continue it. Just need to find someone willing to do so

AS long as you dont mind if I use your script because that makes it easier for me.

But yes, I was going to do it just for Verizon but I will do it for all variants. Happy to take over! :good: