Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,557 Members 52,903 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Speaker issue

Tip us?

raghav kapur
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 103
Default Speaker issue

Hi guys,
The Boomsound speakers on my One are a HUGE disappointment. My Galaxy Y ($99) can produce louder sound than my HTC One. I was really looking forward to the speakers, so im quite disappointed. Is this normal?? Or are the speakers really that bad ??

alray
Old
Thanks Meter 998

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by raghav kapur View Post
Hi guys,
The Boomsound speakers on my One are a HUGE disappointment. My Galaxy Y ($99) can produce louder sound than my HTC One. I was really looking forward to the speakers, so im quite disappointed. Is this normal?? Or are the speakers really that bad ??
The speakers volume got nerfed with an ota update long time ago because of to many blown speakers to repair under warranty. That is probably why you are disappointed. I remember when my phone was on the old sf version, they were amazing.

There are some mods you could try to boost the speakers sound, never tried them personally.
If I've helped you, please hit the ''tanks'' button
If you want a reply, quote or mention me using @alray

Useful links for the HTC One:
nkk71's SuperGUIDE to returning 100% back to stock
Flashing requirements chart by nkk71
HTC1Guru.com by crushalot
The Following User Says Thank You to alray For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

raghav kapur
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by alray View Post
The speakers volume got nerfed with an ota update long time ago because of to many blown speakers to repair under warranty. That is probably why you are disappointed. I remember when my phone was on the old sf version, they were amazing.

There are some mods you could try to boost the speakers sound, never tried them personally.
Thanks for the help. But im on InsertCoin Sixth Sense. So, this OTA patch is part of the custom ROMs as well? Or is it only the stock rom which is patched ?

demongrim
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Thanks for the help. But im on InsertCoin Sixth Sense. So, this OTA patch is part of the custom ROMs as well? Or is it only the stock rom which is patched ?
Yes for all custom roms too. It got patched a while ago. I think it got patched at fw 1.29.
Phone: HTC One M8 (s-off)
Carrier: T-Mobile
Rom: ViperOneM8 x.x.x
Kernal: ElementalX x.x.x
Recovery: TWRP x.x.x.x

Previous Phones: HTC One, HTC Amaze, LG Dare, Motorola Krazr(Viper Rom for this flip phone?)

jmb6420
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
On the AROMA installer for IC there is an option for 'speaker boost'. Not sure of the exact wording. Have you tried that option?

raghav kapur
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmb6420 View Post
On the AROMA installer for IC there is an option for 'speaker boost'. Not sure of the exact wording. Have you tried that option?
Pretty much. Still cant figure how Samsungs's lowest end 2011 model can even compete with the One, let alone beat it in one of the One's most touted features. Sad

jmb6420
Old
Thanks Meter 27
My speakers are pretty darn loud. Of course I've only had this M7 for about a month so I really can't compare 'before and after'.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Kernel: ElementalX 14.12

Reilly9
Old
Thanks Meter 11

DONATE TO ME
I had the same issue with my speakers, turned out that the grills were full of dirt that wasn't visible. I just got a fine paint brush and sort of stabbed the grills so the brush could poke through the tiny holes. 2 minutes of doing that and my One was 3 times louder lol... Hope this helps
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Reilly9 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

raghav kapur
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reilly9 View Post
I had the same issue with my speakers, turned out that the grills were full of dirt that wasn't visible. I just got a fine paint brush and sort of stabbed the grills so the brush could poke through the tiny holes. 2 minutes of doing that and my One was 3 times louder lol... Hope this helps
thanks A LOT. this exponentially improved the speakers. i used a toothbrush though :P

Reilly9
Old
Thanks Meter 11

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
thanks A LOT. this exponentially improved the speakers. i used a toothbrush though :P
Np man
I'm sure it's a problem with many HTC One's. I didn't even notice a decrease in volume until I noticed that one was louder than the other. Then once I cleaned both of them I was like "Holy Shizz"