Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,884 Members 52,685 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Please Need Major Help trying to get Stock Updates to Run

Tip us?

Bresy
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Please Need Major Help trying to get Stock Updates to Run

Ive got a HTC ONE X and been using the ANDROID REVOLUTION HD 9.7.2 Mike Rom for a while .... Having Issues in calls where numbers are showing unkown and installing apps with the 909 error . Im assuming its because Im running android 4.04.

So Ive decided to update but I have a problem I have the HBOOT 0.94.0000 Kernal So searching these forums it seems i need to go back to stock and do the OTA Updates to fix Kernal.

So I got all the information I needed and downloaded a stock backup and ran that through recovery. This seemed to work and my phone now downloads the Update Software . But when it tries to install and reboots the phone it goes into the CWM recovery screen with a failed to update error . I then put the Flashboot OEM Lock but it now stops at flashboot screen on reboot ........... Please I need any help on this , now lost.

I also tried to find my RUU file to see if that way would work better but there seems to be no links anymore for RUU 1.28.771.9

Anyone any Ideas?

Mr Hofs
Old
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Thanks Meter 8,417

DONATE TO ME
Did you check androidruu.com (or .org) can't remember ?!

Bresy
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hofs View Post
Did you check androidruu.com (or .org) can't remember ?!
My work has blocked that site , Ill have to look later .... also discovered unlocking bootloader isnt as simple as locking it

Mr Hofs
Old
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Thanks Meter 8,417

DONATE TO ME
You can't lock it, only relocked.

Direct links of ruu's you can use :

http://androidruu.com/getdownload.ph...494_signed.exe

http://androidruu.com/getdownload.ph...888_signed.exe

Bresy
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks for the replies now all sorted . It seemed my recovery image wasnt up to date correctly . replaced it with a newer one and got a scary red triangle screen before updates finally ran. I have managed to get it Fully updated . Thanks again for the help