[App][Share][2.3+] LUX Auto Brightness
As everyone knows there is no Ambient Light Sensor on our Galaxy Core..for sensing the light in background to automatically adjust the screen brightness..
But here's an app by Cyb3rGlitch named LUX that is compatible with all android phones.
It uses the camera of the device to sense the light in the background.
If the device has Ambient Light Sensor it uses The sensor... But if it does not have a sensor it uses the camera of the device..to adjust the brightness of the screen..
LUX - The Original Android Auto-Brightness App developed by @Cyb3rGlitch
Link to original thread
There are two version free & paid one
The link to download the free version :-
* Update to 1.51 released to Play Store!
- Profiles. Have different behaviour for day and night!
- Root plug-ins. Custom kernel with RGB control? Make a plug-in to utilise it!
- Improved notification
- Low pass filter
- Cubic interpolation
- Polish/French/Russian/German/Italian translation
- Manual sunrise location input
- Control Dashboard slider with vol. keys
- Fade duration/step
- Reduced battery usage
* Update to 1.06 released to Play Store!
- Automatic night mode (uses location for sunset/sunrise).
- Notification priority
- Enhanced dashboard and notification UI
- Enable/disable and refresh Lux via Tasker
- Bug fixes
* Update to 0.76 released to Play Store!
- Fixed brightness issues after call
* Update to 0.74 released to Play Store!
- Fixed max/phone brightness preferences swapped
- Added ignore 0 lux option
- Made static phone brightness optional
* Update to 0.70 released to Play Store!
- New 'ascending' automatic mode for zero jitter!
- Expandable notification for added control (Android 4.1+)
- Improved efficiency
- Install to OS functionality
- Set min/max brightness bounds
- Adjustable night mode
- Improved persistence (Android won't kill it!)
- Fixed Nexus 7 255 luma bug
- Fixed Tasker 'on wake' revert bug
- Compat. mode is now known as 'sleep mode'
- Night Mode now default Dashboard action (hold for Astro. mode)
- Misc. tweaks and fixes.
Lux isn't your ordinary brightness app. It intelligently adjusts the brightness of your display based on the environment you're in. If, for example, you step into a dimly lit room, Lux will automatically lower the brightness of your display to make it not only comfortable to read, but to also preserve battery power.
Lux provides the option to automatically adjust the backlight at fixed intervals (periodic mode), when a change in environment is detected (dynamic mode), or when the phone wakes from sleep. It's also possible to adjust the backlight manually. Simply disable automatic mode and you can use it like a traditional brightness tool!
Perhaps the best thing about Lux is that you can teach it how to behave. If the backlight is too bright or dim for your liking, simply open the provided Dashboard, adjust the brightness slider to the level you desire, then hold the link button. Lux will use this new 'link' as a reference in future.
Give it a go! I want you to test Lux for more than the 15 minute refund period offered by Google. I understand that some devices may not have the best quality light sensor, and that you may need more time to play around with settings. If you find that Lux doesn't suit you after the 15 minutes is up, you can request a refund at any time via e-mail - no questions asked.
■ Custom auto brightness.
■ Sub-zero brightness to make reading in the dark significantly less irritating.
■ Battery efficient
■ Handy brightness widget
■ Option to use the camera to read in ambient light.
■ Power-user settings such as choice of interpolation, sensor debugging, and linked sample editing.
■ Backup to SD.
■ 'Ascending' auto mode for phones with inaccurate light sensors.
■ Gradual fade for backlight adjustments.
■ Astronomer mode adds a red filter to the screen to preserve the eyesight of stargazers.
■ Jitter control to prevent constant small changes to the backlight.
■ Automatic night mode, to change the colour temperature of the display for comfortable night time viewing.
■ Add app specific exceptions via sleep mode
■ No ads, or other nuisances.
■ Tasker and Locale support!
Note: Please disable other brightness apps before using Lux. The author is not liable for any issues caused when using this app.
TAKE PICTURES AND VIDEOS: Used to read in luma values, if camera input is selected.
DRAW OVER OTHER APPS: Required for night/astro mode.
READ PHONE STATE: Required to prevent Lux from interfering with phone controls in Android 4.1.
MODIFY SYSTEM SETTINGS: Brightness is a system setting, as is toggling the default auto brightness.
RETRIEVE RUNNING APPS: Required to make the 'sleep list' functionality work, so Lux can disable itself when certain apps are in the foreground.
COARSE LOCATION: Required to automatically calculate sunrise/sunset times.
IN APP BILLING: Required for purchasing future device specific root only plug-ins, to enhance functionality.
Sent from my GT-I8262 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app