Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,368 Members 51,351 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Google KK dialer on Radeon Maya 4.4.2

Tip us?

Logic717
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Default Google KK dialer on Radeon Maya 4.4.2

Does anyone know if it's possible to install the Google stock dialer from the nexus 5 with unknown caller ID onto the lg stock rom? I know the dialer works fine for asop roms but I'm uncertain about stock based roms.

I doubt that it would work since the bases are different but confirmation is appreciated.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

galapagos
Old
(Last edited by galapagos; 30th April 2014 at 03:37 PM.)
Thanks Meter 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logic717 View Post
Does anyone know if it's possible to install the Google stock dialer from the nexus 5 with unknown caller ID onto the lg stock rom? I know the dialer works fine for asop roms but I'm uncertain about stock based roms.

I doubt that it would work since the bases are different but confirmation is appreciated.

I don't know about RadeonMaya ROM but it works fine in stock kitkat for F240K variant (I think Radeon Maya is based on a F240 variant). It works in conjunction with the stock dialer so you should not delete any stock apps. Just install the google dialer in system/priv-app with 644 permission. Then you need to create a shortcut to google dialer to enable the dialer.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to galapagos For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Logic717
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by galapagos View Post
I don't know about RadeonMaya ROM but it works fine in stock kitkat for F240K variant (I think Radeon Maya is based on a F240 variant). It works in conjunction with the stock dialer so you should not delete any stock apps. Just install the google dialer in system/priv-app with 644 permission. Then you need to create a shortcut to google dialer to enable the dialer.
Where did u get the apk? Just ripped it from the zip?

Logic717
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by galapagos View Post
Found it, had to find the Odexed version and was able to locate that from the nexus 5 forum. Worked just fine when I moved it to the folder and set the permissions as you stated.

I was able to create a shortcut via Action launcher so now i'm all set.

Thanks!