Google KK dialer on Radeon Maya 4.4.2

OP Logic717

30th April 2014, 12:50 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 43

236 posts
More
Does anyone know if it's possible to install the Google stock dialer from the nexus 5 with unknown caller ID onto the lg stock rom? I know the dialer works fine for asop roms but I'm uncertain about stock based roms.

I doubt that it would work since the bases are different but confirmation is appreciated.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk
30th April 2014, 03:14 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 248

423 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logic717

Does anyone know if it's possible to install the Google stock dialer from the nexus 5 with unknown caller ID onto the lg stock rom? I know the dialer works fine for asop roms but I'm uncertain about stock based roms.

I doubt that it would work since the bases are different but confirmation is appreciated.

I don't know about RadeonMaya ROM but it works fine in stock kitkat for F240K variant (I think Radeon Maya is based on a F240 variant). It works in conjunction with the stock dialer so you should not delete any stock apps. Just install the google dialer in system/priv-app with 644 permission. Then you need to create a shortcut to google dialer to enable the dialer.
Last edited by galapagos; 30th April 2014 at 04:37 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to galapagos For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st May 2014, 05:05 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Atlanta

236 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by galapagos

I don't know about RadeonMaya ROM but it works fine in stock kitkat for F240K variant (I think Radeon Maya is based on a F240 variant). It works in conjunction with the stock dialer so you should not delete any stock apps. Just install the google dialer in system/priv-app with 644 permission. Then you need to create a shortcut to google dialer to enable the dialer.

Where did u get the apk? Just ripped it from the zip?

1st May 2014, 03:12 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Atlanta

236 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by galapagos

Found it, had to find the Odexed version and was able to locate that from the nexus 5 forum. Worked just fine when I moved it to the folder and set the permissions as you stated.

I was able to create a shortcut via Action launcher so now i'm all set.

Thanks!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread