Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,458 Members 47,556 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Where to download CM Specific Basic Kernel v3.0

Tip us?

MorgenTee
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by amolgosavi View Post
you have format system to ext4..becouse cm 7 is work on ext 4 system..so use multiformatter and format your system to ext4 and then flash bieltv.3 v4 kernel and then go to option in recovery there you see reboot to recovery..press reboit to recovery then you will be in biels cwm recovery ..then wipe system data and cache and then flash cm7 based ROM..

and for play store 492/498 error go here and flash that zip..

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2531392

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2
Thank you very much for the great instructions. Just one question: I have permanent cwm recovery which I got when flashing the bieltv.3 v4 kernel for the first time on a stock phone trying to install -- I believe -- Slim ROM CM7.2. (Actually, I don't remember which guide I was following exactly.) Will your method work now that I already have a permanent cwm recovery or should I go back to stock ROM or stock recovery and then follow your instructions?

amolgosavi
Old
Thanks Meter 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorgenTee View Post
Thank you very much for the great instructions. Just one question: I have permanent cwm recovery which I got when flashing the bieltv.3 v4 kernel for the first time on a stock phone trying to install -- I believe -- Slim ROM CM7.2. (Actually, I don't remember which guide I was following exactly.) Will your method work now that I already have a permanent cwm recovery or should I go back to stock ROM or stock recovery and then follow your instructions?
u can follow my instruction on permemnt cwm also...

The Following User Says Thank You to amolgosavi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MorgenTee
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by amolgosavi View Post
you have format system to ext4..becouse cm 7 is work on ext 4 system..so use multiformatter and format your system to ext4 and then flash bieltv.3 v4 kernel and then go to option in recovery there you see reboot to recovery..press reboit to recovery then you will be in biels cwm recovery ..then wipe system data and cache and then flash cm7 based ROM..

and for play store 492/498 error go here and flash that zip..

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2531392

Sorry for the late reply, I was traveling without my laptop and wanted to back up everything before reflashing the ROM.

The good news: It worked! Great!

The only difference I made was to install the fix for the app store first and then the gapps package for CM7.2. When I did it the other way around, I had no play store on the phone.

Thank you all for your help!