FORUMS

Index Project For XDA Device Subforums

Another ambitious project from the collaborative efforts of Recognized Contributors and Forum … more

The Atlas of XDA

A few weeks ago, we asked you “How Does Your Location Affect Your Life As A Power User?”. In the days that … more

New Snapdragons: Some Context & Contrast

It hasn’t been a good year for Qualcomm so far. Every device featuring the Snapdragon 810 … more

Google To Launch Next Gen Android One On July 14

The first gen of Android One devices to be launched in India in September 2014 were … more

Auto Wifi Connect

82 posts
Thanks Meter: 8
 
By Ickyz, Member on 30th April 2014, 11:47 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Is there a way 2 auto connect 2 my home wifi network soon as im in range ? B/c I keep forgetting 2 connect when Im home and my Prepaid suffers from it
And NO option 4 auto connect on my Flex girlfriend says hers auto connects but I have yet 2 EVER see mine do it
Id pay 4 a App like this

*hint hint*
 
 
1st May 2014, 12:20 AM |#2  
PattyNYC's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Brooklyn
Thanks Meter: 68
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ickyz

Is there a way 2 auto connect 2 my home wifi network soon as im in range ? B/c I keep forgetting 2 connect when Im home and my Prepaid suffers from it
And NO option 4 auto connect on my Flex girlfriend says hers auto connects but I have yet 2 EVER see mine do it
Id pay 4 a App like this

*hint hint*

If wifi is enabled it should connect automatically as long as you have previously connected to it and are in range(obviously). When wifi is enabled it scans periodically for wifi networks in the area.
1st May 2014, 12:42 AM |#3  
OP Member
Blúntville
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PattyNYC

If wifi is enabled it should connect automatically as long as you have previously connected to it and are in range(obviously). When wifi is enabled it scans periodically for wifi networks in the area.

So I gotta leave my Wifi turned on to get it 2 auto connect
I got it !
But how much battery does that drain jus havin it open 24/7
Sounds lik'a project app 4 a Del, to build
Can that b done make a app that auto turns ur wifi when u program it too instead of leaving it turn'd on and roaming
1st May 2014, 01:17 AM |#4  
kintwofan's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Irmo, SC
Thanks Meter: 2,891
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ickyz

So I gotta leave my Wifi turned on to get it 2 auto connect
I got it !
But how much battery does that drain jus havin it open 24/7
Sounds lik'a project app 4 a Del, to build
Can that b done make a app that auto turns ur wifi when u program it too instead of leaving it turn'd on and roaming

Tasker can do it based on time or location and I think there's a couple others as well... I just use tasker because I use it for a lot of things, but I also just leave Wi-Fi on

Sent from my LG-D959 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to kintwofan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st May 2014, 02:07 AM |#5  
OP Member
Blúntville
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kintwofan

Tasker can do it based on time or location and I think there's a couple others as well... I just use tasker because I use it for a lot of things, but I also just leave Wi-Fi on

Sent from my LG-D959 using Tapatalk

Ill check it out on payday lol
Thks
1st May 2014, 02:29 PM |#6  
OP Member
Blúntville
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kintwofan

Tasker can do it based on time or location and I think there's a couple others as well... I just use tasker because I use it for a lot of things, but I also just leave Wi-Fi on

Sent from my LG-D959 using Tapatalk

Couldnt wait
+1 on yer thks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes