Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,684 Members 47,566 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] [T211] CWM with Odin failed

Tip us?

kojootti
Old
(Last edited by kojootti; 1st May 2014 at 11:40 AM.) Reason: More specific information
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] [T211] CWM with Odin failed

First of all I apologize creating a new thread when this would probably would belong to discussion on development forum under thread: [Recovery & Root] [T211] CWM Recovery v6.0.4.8 Unofficial (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2502388) but as a new member I cannot reply to it.

I just bought a T211 and tried to root it. I tried to use Odin to flash custom recovery. First it just lost the device few times before it could flash it and when I finally got to start flashing it passed. The device info changed from official to custom so something at least happened but when I try to get to recovery it just ends up to Android system recovery <3e>. And it does not allow installation of the android-armeabi-universal-root as it fails to verify whole-file signature.

So does anyone have an idea what I did wrong?
I finished the flash with auto-reboot turned on and off. No difference.

My desktop is linux and the Odin was within Virtualbox. I tried heimdall but it failed to interact with the device.
So could I use ABD to push the root files to device or can it be used to flash the CWM recovery to the device?

gr8nole
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,168

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kojootti View Post
First of all I apologize creating a new thread when this would probably would belong to discussion on development forum under thread: [Recovery & Root] [T211] CWM Recovery v6.0.4.8 Unofficial (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2502388) but as a new member I cannot reply to it.

I just bought a T211 and tried to root it. I tried to use Odin to flash custom recovery. First it just lost the device few times before it could flash it and when I finally got to start flashing it passed. The device info changed from official to custom so something at least happened but when I try to get to recovery it just ends up to Android system recovery <3e>. And it does not allow installation of the android-armeabi-universal-root as it fails to verify whole-file signature.

So does anyone have an idea what I did wrong?
I finished the flash with auto-reboot turned on and off. No difference.

My desktop is linux and the Odin was within Virtualbox. I tried heimdall but it failed to interact with the device.
So could I use ABD to push the root files to device or can it be used to flash the CWM recovery to the device?
I have yet to see anyone report it working in VirtualBox (or any virtual environment). Find someone with a PC and use it (preferably not Win 8).
>>>>------;;;;----->

kojootti
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8nole View Post
I have yet to see anyone report it working in VirtualBox (or any virtual environment). Find someone with a PC and use it (preferably not Win 8).
Well, I now you have a report that it works as I just managed to flash and root my tab!

For first two attempts the rebooting process just went too far because I held menu button down too long. The booting process seems to have wiped the newly flashed recovery. It seems that with this device I can only hold down the volume up after seeing the Samsung logo.
But now it worked!

The virtualbox image used was IE8.Win7.For.LinuxVirtualBox from modern.ie site. I just installed kies to get samsung-usb drivers and used odin 3.09. So at least that combination works.
The Following User Says Thank You to kojootti For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]