5,815,022 Members 39,711 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

is the z1c reliable?

Tip us?

jewelkobayashi
Old
Thanks Meter 33
[URL="http://www.phonearena.com/news/Sony-acknowledges-Xperia-Z1-Compact-LED-flash-problem-says-the-issue-affected-only-a-small-number-of-phones_id54869"]

There is no real reason to replace the back cover now. It only affected early production models.
Getting a $1 screen protector for the back is a far more convenient way to keep the phone looking good, rather than swapping it out for glass.

xxtraloud
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jewelkobayashi View Post
[URL="http://www.phonearena.com/news/Sony-acknowledges-Xperia-Z1-Compact-LED-flash-problem-says-the-issue-affected-only-a-small-number-of-phones_id54869"]

There is no real reason to replace the back cover now. It only affected early production models.
Getting a $1 screen protector for the back is a far more convenient way to keep the phone looking good, rather than swapping it out for glass.

and how do I know if it's a later production? is there a particular date? I see the production number but since I buy it online it's hard to know. Sony always has some problems with their top of the line electronics, vaio, cellphones, etc and are never good at admitting or replacing the faulty units. Look at the problem with their sony vaio 13 and wifi.

Gaścho comedor
Old
Thanks Meter 9
I've had mine for 2 and a half months so far and it has had absolutely zero issues. Everything works exactly as it was supposed to work. Display, back cover, camera, buttons, MicroSD card/slot, GPS, battery, you name it. It has never had any weird reboot issues either. I have tested RomAur 1.2, 3.0, and official and unofficial CM 11 nightlies. In fact, I wasn't aware of any of these issues until I read this thread.

paul5425
Old
Thanks Meter 80
It is a great phone. Most of the complaints are nit-picking as we strive for absolute perfection (not a bad thing!) As it is, it is better than all the competition as a good all-rounder.

mariusdroid
Old
Thanks Meter 51
I have to say owning from 3g iphone to iPhone 5 and I'm on android from lg P990 sgs2 sgs3 and 4 htc one one x and now I have this only drawback huge ugly bottom front side and uncomfortable when I use it with one hand rest is a almost perfect phone for me

Sent from my D5503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Mr.Kos
Old
(Last edited by Mr.Kos; 1st May 2014 at 04:01 PM.) Reason: mistakes
Thanks Meter 0
Guess I have the early version of the phone.. cause I have the flash bleeds when I make photos at night or in the dark room.
So far I love this phone if only for this issue.

coolkoushik07
Old
Thanks Meter 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Kos View Post
Guess I have the early version of the phone.. cause I have the flash bleeds when I make photos at night or in the dark room.
So far I love this phone if only for this issue.
I also have this issue and as per box information my phone was imported to India on march..

Sent from my Xperia Z1 Compact (D5503)
Press thank if I helped you

Model: D5503 Xperia Z1 Compact, GT-I8552 Grand Quattro, GT-I9500 Galaxy S4(Returned to store after using 20 days)