Micromax Yureka: Indian Handset with CyanogenMod

Thesoap opera involving Cyanogen Inc., OnePlus, and Micromax is one of the most talked about … more

Chainfire Turns Your Bootanimation into a Logging Center

Having a nice boot animation certainly adds a little bit of aesthetic polish to your … more

Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Fully customizable LG-skinned ROM based on 24A?

OP skynet11

1st May 2014, 02:51 AM   |  #1  
skynet11's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 638
 
1,884 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
More
When I look through the Verizon G2 Android Development forum I see stock+ ROMs based on the 24A LG skin, I see "AOSP-based" ROMs (technically they're all based on AOSP but I'm referring to non-OEM-skinned ROMs), and a hybrid ROM with elements taken from the G-Flex ROM. What I don't see is a full-on custom ROM based on any of the LG-skinned ROMs as far back as 10b.

I was wondering if anyone is working on a full custom ROM based on 24A. Naturally it's too early to see any yet, but it'd be nice to know if one was in the works, or if I missed one somewhere in the myriad of subforums in which VS980 ROMs can be found. I know there are Xposed modules available but in my experience I've found them to be rather unstable. Thanks in advance for your helpful replies 😸.



Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Last edited by skynet11; 1st May 2014 at 02:54 AM.
1st May 2014, 04:16 AM   |  #2  
garywojdan81's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 598
 
2,423 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
Define custom. Are you talking stock-based with aosp elements, like eclipse?

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
1st May 2014, 04:49 AM   |  #3  
shiftr182's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Boise
Thanks Meter: 940
 
1,601 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
More
Since there is a "?" at the end of your post, I think it would be better here http://forum.xda-developers.com/verizon-g2/help
1st May 2014, 06:29 AM   |  #4  
skynet11's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 638
 
1,884 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftr182

Since there is a "?" at the end of your post, I think it would be better here http://forum.xda-developers.com/verizon-g2/help

It's not a tech support question.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
1st May 2014, 06:32 AM   |  #5  
skynet11's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 638
 
1,884 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by garywojdan81

Define custom. Are you talking stock-based with aosp elements, like eclipse?

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

No - I don't know if you're familiar with some of the custom ROMs based on TouchWiz or Sense, but I was hoping someone or some dev team would develop something like that for LG's 24A skin.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
1st May 2014, 09:20 AM   |  #6  
garywojdan81's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 598
 
2,423 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by skynet11

No - I don't know if you're familiar with some of the custom ROMs based on TouchWiz or Sense, but I was hoping someone or some dev team would develop something like that for LG's 24A skin.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Nope, I haven't had anything Samsung or HTC since 2009. Coming from the og razr where some of what you're saying was available. Just not on xda.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
1st May 2014, 04:38 PM   |  #7  
shiftr182's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Boise
Thanks Meter: 940
 
1,601 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skynet11

It's not a tech support question.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Its not called "tech support" its Q & A.... I don't understand what it is that your asking for. I came from the note 3 to the g2, stock based rom options that we had were Clean Rom(basically stock debloated and optimized), Baja Rom (themeable, customizable stock), Eclipse (AOSP elements) and JellyBeans (AOSP Themed). Most of these Roms were deodexed, debloated, stock roms with a few tweaks/themes added to them. If you compare the features of Clean Rom and Malladus they are similar, same goes for XDABBEB's. The G2 has a themeable UI, so theming the Rom isn't necessary. I personally have themed a few apks in my rom because I don't like green (phone and mms), but other than that I use LG Home Themes.
The Following User Says Thank You to shiftr182 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st May 2014, 04:52 PM   |  #8  
skynet11's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 638
 
1,884 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
More
@shiftr182 ok I can appreciate that - so basically the primary ROMs based on the LG skin are stock+ with limited customizations. I also understand that the LG Home themes already address the need for customizable look and feel options. I had mainly been hoping for a LG-skinned counterpart to a fully-featured ROM such as AOKP. Thanks for the helpful reply (btw I also don't like green all that much &#128521

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
1st May 2014, 05:12 PM   |  #9  
shiftr182's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Boise
Thanks Meter: 940
 
1,601 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skynet11

@shiftr182 ok I can appreciate that - so basically the primary ROMs based on the LG skin are stock+ with limited customizations. I also understand that the LG Home themes already address the need for customizable look and feel options. I had mainly been hoping for a LG-skinned counterpart to a fully-featured ROM such as AOKP. Thanks for the helpful reply (btw I also don't like green all that much &#128521

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

If Im on AOSP, I use Alloy Blue theme primarily, but there is a nice G2 theme for theme manager available here https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...heme.lgoptimus

I have been using the 4.4 based build of Carbon Rom the last couple days.

The Following User Says Thank You to shiftr182 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes