Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,222 Members 45,332 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Fully customizable LG-skinned ROM based on 24A?

Tip us?

skynet11
Old
(Last edited by skynet11; 1st May 2014 at 01:54 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 557
Default Fully customizable LG-skinned ROM based on 24A?

When I look through the Verizon G2 Android Development forum I see stock+ ROMs based on the 24A LG skin, I see "AOSP-based" ROMs (technically they're all based on AOSP but I'm referring to non-OEM-skinned ROMs), and a hybrid ROM with elements taken from the G-Flex ROM. What I don't see is a full-on custom ROM based on any of the LG-skinned ROMs as far back as 10b.

I was wondering if anyone is working on a full custom ROM based on 24A. Naturally it's too early to see any yet, but it'd be nice to know if one was in the works, or if I missed one somewhere in the myriad of subforums in which VS980 ROMs can be found. I know there are Xposed modules available but in my experience I've found them to be rather unstable. Thanks in advance for your helpful replies 😸.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

garywojdan81
Old
Thanks Meter 532
Define custom. Are you talking stock-based with aosp elements, like eclipse?

shiftr182
Old
Thanks Meter 899
Since there is a "?" at the end of your post, I think it would be better here http://forum.xda-developers.com/verizon-g2/help

skynet11
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 557
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftr182 View Post
Since there is a "?" at the end of your post, I think it would be better here http://forum.xda-developers.com/verizon-g2/help
It's not a tech support question.

skynet11
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 557
Quote:
Originally Posted by garywojdan81 View Post
Define custom. Are you talking stock-based with aosp elements, like eclipse?

No - I don't know if you're familiar with some of the custom ROMs based on TouchWiz or Sense, but I was hoping someone or some dev team would develop something like that for LG's 24A skin.

garywojdan81
Old
Thanks Meter 532
Quote:
Originally Posted by skynet11 View Post
No - I don't know if you're familiar with some of the custom ROMs based on TouchWiz or Sense, but I was hoping someone or some dev team would develop something like that for LG's 24A skin.

Nope, I haven't had anything Samsung or HTC since 2009. Coming from the og razr where some of what you're saying was available. Just not on xda.

shiftr182
Old
Thanks Meter 899
Quote:
It's not a tech support question.

Its not called "tech support" its Q & A.... I don't understand what it is that your asking for. I came from the note 3 to the g2, stock based rom options that we had were Clean Rom(basically stock debloated and optimized), Baja Rom (themeable, customizable stock), Eclipse (AOSP elements) and JellyBeans (AOSP Themed). Most of these Roms were deodexed, debloated, stock roms with a few tweaks/themes added to them. If you compare the features of Clean Rom and Malladus they are similar, same goes for XDABBEB's. The G2 has a themeable UI, so theming the Rom isn't necessary. I personally have themed a few apks in my rom because I don't like green (phone and mms), but other than that I use LG Home Themes.
The Following User Says Thank You to shiftr182 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

skynet11
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 557
@shiftr182 ok I can appreciate that - so basically the primary ROMs based on the LG skin are stock+ with limited customizations. I also understand that the LG Home themes already address the need for customizable look and feel options. I had mainly been hoping for a LG-skinned counterpart to a fully-featured ROM such as AOKP. Thanks for the helpful reply (btw I also don't like green all that much &#128521

shiftr182
Old
Thanks Meter 899
Quote:
@shiftr182 ok I can appreciate that - so basically the primary ROMs based on the LG skin are stock+ with limited customizations. I also understand that the LG Home themes already address the need for customizable look and feel options. I had mainly been hoping for a LG-skinned counterpart to a fully-featured ROM such as AOKP. Thanks for the helpful reply (btw I also don't like green all that much &#128521

If Im on AOSP, I use Alloy Blue theme primarily, but there is a nice G2 theme for theme manager available here https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...heme.lgoptimus

I have been using the 4.4 based build of Carbon Rom the last couple days.

The Following User Says Thank You to shiftr182 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]