Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,943 Members 52,647 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Bizarre storage after SBF

Tip us?

cpspecial
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default Bizarre storage after SBF

Hey all, thanks for taking the time to look.

I recently re-flashed the stock software using RSD Lite to my Bionic to pass down to a friend. It processed everything fine but once it was complete I took the phone off the USB and now it will not recognize an SD card or download anything to internal storage either. Has anyone experienced this?

I'm wondering if I should just go ahead and do another flash of the software or not, or if it's something I can do without having to reset the whole phone for them again.

Thanks in advance!

Shakkuras
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpspecial View Post
I ran into this problem as well when I got my Bionic a few months ago, and RSDed from GB to JB. The phone didn't recognize either the internal storage or the micro SD card. After several reboots, the phone eventually recognized that internal storage existed, and gave me the option to format it; I also was able to press the issue more quickly by installing ES file explorer and attempting to navigate the file system, which brought up the option to format. The stock Motorola file manager did not produce the desired effect.

For the microSD card, I eventually had to (after backing up its contents) delete the partition, resulting in an unformatted card; I booted the phone and manually mounted it (settings--> storage, mount SD card), which then produced a prompt to format the card. An annoying solution, but it did work with two different microSD cards. Even though they worked fine in Windows and in an MP3 player, the phone would only recognize them after deleting the partition and reformatting in the phone.

I hope this is reproducible in your phone, and solves the problem.