Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,823 Members 52,766 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

S4 sucked, what to get now?

Tip us?

Shebee
Old
(Last edited by Shebee; 1st May 2014 at 04:44 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 37
Default S4 sucked, what to get now?

The phone is fine BUT...
1) Rooting, flashing etc. was just too much of a hassle, and currently there is no way to root/flash without tripping a non-resettable flag losing warranty in the process.
2) The build quality is...

I'm looking for an alternative phone, the S4 was awesome except those two points. I like playing around with my phone (rooting and stuff) but build quality/durability is also very important.

What phones are there around? I'm thinking of getting a HTC One M8, but supposedly it's got bad quality control and you cannot achieve s off as of yet.
So what are my options?

Fantassy123
Old
Thanks Meter 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shebee View Post
The phone is fine BUT...
1) Rooting, flashing etc. was just too much of a hassle, and currently there is no way to root/flash without tripping a non-resettable flag losing warranty in the process.

I'm looking for an alternative phone, the S4 was awesome except those two points. I like playing around with my phone (rooting and stuff) but build quality/durability is also very important.

What phones are there around? I'm thinking of getting a HTC One M8, but supposedly it's god bad quality control and you cannot achieve s off as of yet.
Well if you like to mess around with your phone, Try to buy a Nexus 5, Which is easy to root and has many different Roms even after a couple of years (2/3).
Current phone : LG Google Nexus 5
Rom : Stock 4.4.2 (Not Rooted)

Still own : HTC Desire HD,LG Google Nexus 4
Rom : Taktik 4.4.2 R1,Calkulin's Nexus 4 v1.5 (4.4.2)

Tablet : Nexus 7 2013
Rom : Stock 4.4.2 (Not rooted)

Previous Device´s :
Samsung galaxy nexus
Samsung galaxy note II
Samsung galaxy mega 6.3 (Gave to my father)
Samsung galaxy S3 (Gave to my girlfriend )
Asus Transformer Pad TF300
Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 P5210

Click on Thanks if you appreciate my reply

AASonyKK
Old
Thanks Meter 10

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
The phone is fine BUT...

What phones are there around? I'm thinking of getting a HTC One M8, but supposedly it's god bad quality control and you cannot achieve s off as of yet.
The Nexus 5 is one of the most followed phone by devs of custom roms.
If you need to take notes organized and safely encrypted with password check my new application Note Crypt!

unremarkableguy
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
The phone is fine BUT...

Sounds like you would be happier with a unlocked nexus device. If you are like me and don't have 500+ to buy one of these, I'd go with the M8. It is a great phone and I am pretty sure they have it fully rooted. Obviously there isn't much out rom-wise for it but that will change.

Shebee
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 37
I'll be getting the M8 tomorrow unless I can come up with another alternative, been thinking of the Z2.