Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,440 Members 51,104 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Can i flash a SM-G900F firmware in the t-mo variant?

Tip us?

francescopp
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Question [Q] Can i flash a SM-G900F firmware in the t-mo variant?

As the title says, can I flash a firmware from the European qualcomm S5 SM-G900F in my t mobile SM-G900T??

I want to flash the uk version SM-G900FXXU1ANCE since those from europe are mostly bloatware-free (the ones that are not from a carrier)

Aou
Old
Thanks Meter 445

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by francescopp View Post
As the title says, can I flash a firmware from the European qualcomm S5 SM-G900F in my t mobile SM-G900T??

I want to flash the uk version SM-G900FXXU1ANCE since those from europe are mostly bloatware-free (the ones that are not from a carrier)
Whatever you try, don't flash the bootloaders from any other phone to your device, unless you absolutely know what you're doing.

Otherwise, you might just give it a shot. If you have a good recovery (e.g. TWRP) or something that you can use to get back to stock easily, then there's little risk. Keep in mind that you'll only want to flash the Kernel and the ROM, but you'll want to leave everything else alone (bootloaders and recovery for example).

If by "firmware from...", you mean the odin/kies firmware package, then these typically include the whole shebang. These will probably have bootloaders, recovery, and every partition included. I don't recommend using these unless you know how to dissect them and remove the bad parts.
Current device: T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S5 (SM-G900T)
Current ROM: Stock, rooted
Current mood:
If my advice has helped you, please let me know by hitting the "THANKS" button! I also accept donations of beer or pizza.

dynospectrum
Old
Thanks Meter 348
Quote:

Yes, all ROMs from international S5 forum will work. Just don't flash anything Exynos based as far as recoveries go.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

francescopp
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynospectrum View Post
Yes, all ROMs from international S5 forum will work. Just don't flash anything Exynos based as far as recoveries go.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
so, if i go to sammobile and download any sm-g900f firmware is safe to flash it as is? or should i remove the bootloader as aou recommends in the previous answer?

dynospectrum
Old
Thanks Meter 348
Quote:
so, if i go to sammobile and download any sm-g900f firmware is safe to flash it as is? or should i remove the bootloader as aou recommends in the previous answer?
Read my first response, only ROMS from the international S5 forum on XDA. DO NOT flash firmware for a different model from SamMobile.
Tags
europe rom, flash sm-g900f rom