Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] WiFi will not turn on at all after installing other region's ROM.

OP lakkivasu

29th April 2014, 12:19 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Hi

I have installed other region ROM[German] on my galaxy s4 (i9505) and since then my wifi stopped working [wont turn on at all] , i have tried reinstalling the original ROM which did not solved the issue . Searched in several forums tried several methods like

> Reflashing the modem file again n again ,
> Changing ro.securestorage.support=true, from true to false
> Taking out the battery and reinserting it

none of the above methods solved the isue .

I have no idea with programming . But i can provide log files so that anyone can analyse . Please help me with this issue . Please let me know if anymore details are needed.

I have seen several people posted the same issue but after searching all of them none of the threads have a gauranteed / proper solution , thats y i am posting here .

Thanks
Last edited by lakkivasu; 29th April 2014 at 12:25 AM. Reason: providing more details
29th April 2014, 08:34 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Your Mom's crib
Thanks Meter: 2,086

1,872 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakkivasu

Hi

I have installed other region ROM[German] on my galaxy s4 (i9505) and since then my wifi stopped working [wont turn on at all] , i have tried reinstalling the original ROM which did not solved the issue . Searched in several forums tried several methods like

> Reflashing the modem file again n again ,
> Changing ro.securestorage.support=true, from true to false
> Taking out the battery and reinserting it

none of the above methods solved the isue .

I have no idea with programming . But i can provide log files so that anyone can analyse . Please help me with this issue . Please let me know if anymore details are needed.

I have seen several people posted the same issue but after searching all of them none of the threads have a gauranteed / proper solution , thats y i am posting here .

Thanks

Dial *#1234# and check what modem/CP you have and then Try to flash the WifiFix/LTE or here via odin mate. or try a different kernel ..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Repulsa For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st May 2014, 06:14 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Hi

I have tried XXUAMDN-MODEM but still no luck .Wifi is still not switching on ;( I have tried several roms . Using different kernel where can i find one .If you can provide me link different kernel . Can u pls tell me the difference betwen Kernel and rom , apologies if it is a basic question am not familiar with the terminology . I am attaching images of the software if they might help.

Thanks in adavance

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Free mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1398960665461.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	2719638   Click image for larger version

Name:	1398960681551.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	44.3 KB
ID:	2719639   Click image for larger version