Ask a question

No registration required

Factory reset vs deleting individual app data-question

OP lmacmil

30th April 2014, 05:16 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 8

185 posts
If I go to the "manage apps" menu and clear data and cache for each individual app and then delete all user accounts, is that essentially the same as a factory reset as far as user data is concerned?
1st May 2014, 02:37 AM   |  #2  
Flag Heredia
Thanks Meter: 20

164 posts
More
Factory Reset will delete all apps and apps info/accounts that you have, an also phone configurations like APN, UI changes etc....if you do it individually it will only delete apps data and accounts...are you on stock JB or custom ROM?
1st May 2014, 05:30 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 8

185 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshua3001

Factory Reset will delete all apps and apps info/accounts that you have, an also phone configurations like APN, UI changes etc....if you do it individually it will only delete apps data and accounts...are you on stock JB or custom ROM?

My Razr is stock JB 4.1.2 but flashed to work on Page Plus. I will be selling it soon and don't want to factory reset because I don't want to ruin the flash. I have the same question about a Nook HD+ running CM 10.2.1.
1st May 2014, 06:16 PM   |  #4  
Flag Heredia
Thanks Meter: 20

164 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmacmil

My Razr is stock JB 4.1.2 but flashed to work on Page Plus. I will be selling it soon and don't want to factory reset because I don't want to ruin the flash. I have the same question about a Nook HD+ running CM 10.2.1.

Then you will have to delete one by one the apps and data dude....about the nook I think its the same process

Tapped from my flying toothpaste with Key Lime Pie
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread