Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,551 Members 37,578 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Factory reset vs deleting individual app data-question

Tip us?

lmacmil
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default Factory reset vs deleting individual app data-question

If I go to the "manage apps" menu and clear data and cache for each individual app and then delete all user accounts, is that essentially the same as a factory reset as far as user data is concerned?

joshua3001
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Factory Reset will delete all apps and apps info/accounts that you have, an also phone configurations like APN, UI changes etc....if you do it individually it will only delete apps data and accounts...are you on stock JB or custom ROM?
Devices:

Nexus 5
PA 4.45 BETA 2

Nexus 4
PA 4.45 BETA 2

Keep Your Head up G!
Costa Rica, Pura Vida!

#STAYPARANOID

lmacmil
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshua3001 View Post
Factory Reset will delete all apps and apps info/accounts that you have, an also phone configurations like APN, UI changes etc....if you do it individually it will only delete apps data and accounts...are you on stock JB or custom ROM?
My Razr is stock JB 4.1.2 but flashed to work on Page Plus. I will be selling it soon and don't want to factory reset because I don't want to ruin the flash. I have the same question about a Nook HD+ running CM 10.2.1.

joshua3001
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmacmil View Post
My Razr is stock JB 4.1.2 but flashed to work on Page Plus. I will be selling it soon and don't want to factory reset because I don't want to ruin the flash. I have the same question about a Nook HD+ running CM 10.2.1.
Then you will have to delete one by one the apps and data dude....about the nook I think its the same process

Tapped from my flying toothpaste with Key Lime Pie
Devices:

Nexus 5
PA 4.45 BETA 2

Nexus 4
PA 4.45 BETA 2

Keep Your Head up G!
Costa Rica, Pura Vida!

#STAYPARANOID