Is it possible we have two separate issues with connectivity

Search This thread

dogcmp6

Sep 18, 2010
So in my insomnia, and my quest to figure out the connectivity issues plaguing our handsets, I have figured out that the logical explanation is that there are two entirely different issues at hand here. I figured this out by finding the tower my phone was connected to, I then drove into the range of four other towers in my area, when I was on 3 of the 5 towers I had no issues, and my phone ran like a champ, the tower nearest my house, and the 5th tower near my girlfriends house both had the suspected CSFB or other network issue

Issue number one: When you are at home or work you do not have data, or voice, or have minimal data and voice and delayed text messages, however when you get a little ways away your device will connect fully to the networks on a separate tower...this logically means that the tower near your house is having issues, most likely with the CSFB hardware or software on that particular tower, sprint is going to lie and say that the tower is at 100 percent and functioning properly, however I now have concrete evidence that they are refusing to acknowledge and resolve the problem, and are going to lie out the butt and make you do resets, prl, and profile updates to the point you will be able to do them in your sleep to make you believe it may be a device issue

Issue number two (possible): It has been commented on the forums that there was possibly a bad batch of devices sent out that are currently in customers hands, customers with these issues will have connectivity issues no matter what tower they go to, although I have no way to prove this issue, this is a possibility, and if you are in your 14 day grace period and suspect this is the issue, trade in your device.

Although this is not the most scientific method to get to the bottom of the issue, this is what I suspect is happening, and have enough comments and complaints from around the web to support the possibility that there are two separate issues happening with our devices

pbedard

Jul 30, 2010
boston
So in my insomnia, and my quest to figure out the connectivity issues plaguing our handsets, I have figured out that the logical explanation is that there are two entirely different issues at hand here. I figured this out by finding the tower my phone was connected to, I then drove into the range of four other towers in my area, when I was on 3 of the 5 towers I had no issues, and my phone ran like a champ, the tower nearest my house, and the 5th tower near my girlfriends house both had the suspected CSFB or other network issue

Issue number one: When you are at home or work you do not have data, or voice, or have minimal data and voice and delayed text messages, however when you get a little ways away your device will connect fully to the networks on a separate tower...this logically means that the tower near your house is having issues, most likely with the CSFB hardware or software on that particular tower, sprint is going to lie and say that the tower is at 100 percent and functioning properly, however I now have concrete evidence that they are refusing to acknowledge and resolve the problem, and are going to lie out the butt and make you do resets, prl, and profile updates to the point you will be able to do them in your sleep to make you believe it may be a device issue

Issue number two (possible): It has been commented on the forums that there was possibly a bad batch of devices sent out that are currently in customers hands, customers with these issues will have connectivity issues no matter what tower they go to, although I have no way to prove this issue, this is a possibility, and if you are in your 14 day grace period and suspect this is the issue, trade in your device.

Although this is not the most scientific method to get to the bottom of the issue, this is what I suspect is happening, and have enough comments and complaints from around the web to support the possibility that there are two separate issues happening with our devices

U answered your own lolz

Sent from my 831C using XDA Premium HD app

mswlogo

Dec 15, 2004
Boston
I agree there are multiple issues at hand.

And on some towers my phone works perfect. LTE and all.

But when I first got it, it worked fine on ALL towers.

It wasn't until I fiddled with it (updated firmware, factory reset, updated profile, etc.) that it went real south.

Now is it a "Bad Batch" that goes south when you fiddle with it (i.e. factory reset it).

I have a brand new handset sitting next to me that I paid full price for. I figure if anything I can "Borrow it" for 2 weeks. But it will cost me $35.00 restocking fee to return it.

If they eventually send me a refurb, I'll sell it as a refurb. If they send me a new one I'll sell it as new or return this one if I get it within 14 days.

I'm not sure how much time I want to spend comparing the phones. But I feel I should try because they new phone may eventually have the same issue.

Oh and the new phone has a serial number that starts with HT instead of FA.

There is also another issue that should not be confused (but is probably related). Some folks can get by if they put the phone in 3G/CDMA only.

That does not help my case. And I don't think it's a "Bad Batch" for folks that this solves their issues.

sikclown

Nov 12, 2007
New Orleans

In my case, Sprint fully admitted and acknowledged the tower issues in my area due to the CSFB patch not being installed by Ericsson at initial LTE install and has since fixed the majority of the towers in New Orleans.

dogcmp6

Sep 18, 2010
So they finally have enough data to definitvley say it is my device, I took it into the sprint store again, and no questions asked, and no charge, will be getting a replacement by tuesday

mswlogo

Dec 15, 2004
Boston
So they finally have enough data to definitvley say it is my device, I took it into the sprint store again, and no questions asked, and no charge, will be getting a replacement by tuesday

That's exactly what they told me last Sunday. Still not shipped.

I just bought another one. Which is working.