Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,019 Members 55,299 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Moto g UK o2 pay and go question

Tip us?

garryboy
Old
(Last edited by garryboy; 11th June 2014 at 10:16 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default Moto g UK o2 pay and go question

Hi my wife bought an o2 moto g pay and go yesterday. When we were playing with the one in the shop it had the option to change network mode to 2g or 3g I assume it was running 4.3

The one we bought has 4.4.2 on it and the 2g option has been removed from the menu.

We have a very poor 3g signal in the house and her old phone worked well on the 2g network hence why we bought the moto g as I thought we could select 2g mode.

Are there any ways to change to 2g or gsm.

Or would I flashed it with UK firmware will I have the 2g / 3g option back.

Any help appreciated
Garry

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

NextGenGTR
Old
Thanks Meter 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by garryboy View Post
Hi my wife bought an o2 moto g pay and go yesterday. When we were playing with the one in the shop it had the option to change network mode to 2g or 3g I assume it was running 4.3

The one we bought has 4.2.2 on it and the 2g option has been removed from the menu.

We have a very poor 3g signal in the house and her old phone worked well on the 2g network hence why we bought the moto g as I thought we could select 2g mode.

Are there any ways to change to 2g or gsm.

Or would I flashed it with UK firmware will I have the 2g / 3g option back.

Any help appreciated
Garry

Go on dialer and hit these keys *#*#4636#*#* and then go to Phone Information and then to the bottom and change to GSM ONLY
The Following User Says Thank You to NextGenGTR For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

garryboy
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by NextGenGTR View Post
Go on dialer and hit these keys *#*#4636#*#* and then go to Phone Information and then to the bottom and change to GSM ONLY
Brilliant mate. Thanks for swift reply

The Following User Says Thank You to garryboy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]