Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,466 Members 50,302 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Firmware [KITKAT] Plain AOSP for Xperia T

Tip us?

wopr303
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Firmware [KITKAT] Plain AOSP for Xperia T

Hey guys.

I currently have open bootloader and I'm with the firmware Ultimate PureXT v4.0 (4.3 JB) and therefore my disposal Recovery (Philz Touch 6 / CW v6.0.4.7).
The question is, if I just go directly to flash the firmware, with subsequent wipes, or previously have to flash a kernel via flashtools.

In case i need to flash a kernel through flashtools, what use, which is within the firmware or that recommend me?

I feel my bad English

wopr303
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Please can anyone answer? I do not dare to flash directly from recovery, without being certain not brik the terminal, not to have a different kernel that I have.

Mad Marty
Old
Thanks Meter 90
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2729509

You mean to install the above linked ROM? Since you already have recovery installed, you can indeed use that for flashing the ROM, no need to flash an other kernel first.

It's always a good idea to make a backup of your current ROM first, so:
- backup
- full wipe (everything except SD)
- flash ROM from SD
- reboot

Sent from my LT30p using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to Mad Marty For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

wopr303
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Marty View Post
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2729509

You mean to install the above linked ROM? Since you already have recovery installed, you can indeed use that for flashing the ROM, no need to flash an other kernel first.

It's always a good idea to make a backup of your current ROM first, so:
- backup
- full wipe (everything except SD)
- flash ROM from SD
- reboot

Many, thank you very much! It is exactly that.
That was my question, the difference in the systems and whether to flash a new kernel, to install the new firmware recovery
As I'm on 4.3 JB not know if I can flash this firmware directly from the recovery going from 4.3 to 4.4 while maintaining kernel 4.3

Mad Marty
Old
Thanks Meter 90
When you full wipe from recovery, everything is gone from your phone (including kernel), so just immediately flash the zip after wiping to install the new ROM (new kernel is then installed, you won't end up with 4.4 firmware with 4.3 kernel )

The Following User Says Thank You to Mad Marty For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

wopr303
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Marty View Post
When you full wipe from recovery, everything is gone from your phone (including kernel), so just immediately flash the zip after wiping to install the new ROM (new kernel is then installed, you won't end up with 4.4 firmware with 4.3 kernel )

Thank you very much.
I always thought you had to change kernel if the system is updated, or wanted a firmware cooked