Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,781 Members 47,137 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

GPS issues with HTC ONE X

Tip us?

Ohad179
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default GPS issues with HTC ONE X

Hello everyone!
I'm new to this forum thing, but I'd appreciate to get your opinions and/or help if possible.
I have a rooted the phone.
Now, when using Google Maps Navigation, be it while in my car (HTC Car on HTC rack), or when walking, biking..., usually you can get your position just with the GPS turned on, no mobile network or Wi-fi.
This is my story, my problem, and it's really starting to annoy me.
So please, you good people here in the XDA-forums, anyone of you guys had/has a similar problem or even a solution?

Thank you all, and may the force be with you, Android, always!

Andy
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 5,298

DONATE TO ME
Hi @Ohad179,

Welcome to XDA, enjoy your stay.

On to your issue, I think in your haste to tell us about your problem, you didn't tell us about your problem.
Are you saying that you don't get a GPS fix when you don't have any cell coverage? Same with WiFi?

It almost sounds like your enabling "Airplane Mode", which in turn will turn the radios off and presumably GPS. I don't remember it doing that when I had my One X, GPS is purely a passive system and shouldn't be affected by "Airplane Mode"

Are you able to more accurately describe your issue, and provide anymore details about your phone? I.e. ROM, Version, etc...
-
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
"Tech support PMs will be ignored" - Andy