FORUMS

The OnePlus 2 & The Year of Smartphone Compromises

We are very close to entering the last third of 2015, and we have now seen many of … more

OnePlus 2 Teardown, Major Android Vulnerability – XDA TV

The OnePlus 2 has been officially released. That and much more news is … more

What Do You Think About Fingerprint Scanners?

More and more phones are featuring fingerprint scanners, and with many promising … more

What’s Next for Samsung and Its Flagships?

If we were to say that the Galaxy S6 was a leap of faith made by Samsung, we … more

SD card write enable

602 posts
Thanks Meter: 63
 
By REHolt218, Senior Member on 29th April 2014, 11:44 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
My NP is fully stock not rooted. I have a 64gb SD Card installed. I am able to copy files to it and some programs will use it to store data. The problem is when I try to change my email attachment download directory to the external SD card I get "This folder doesn't allow the creation of new files."

Is there any way to fix this?


Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk
 
 
30th April 2014, 07:42 AM |#2  
Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
What do you use? Gmail, the stock email app or any other? Try with another app, or copy the files to the internal storage and then attach them but sorry I've never had this problem...

Sent from my SM-P900 using XDA Free mobile app
30th April 2014, 11:37 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 63
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by prohackerbro

What do you use? Gmail, the stock email app or any other? Try with another app, or copy the files to the internal storage and then attach them but sorry I've never had this problem...

Sent from my SM-P900 using XDA Free mobile app

I use Aqua Mail. I suspect it is an app issue. I sent a message to the developer, maybe they can help.

Thank!

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk
30th April 2014, 12:12 PM |#4  
Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by REHolt218

My NP is fully stock not rooted. I have a 64gb SD Card installed. I am able to copy files to it and some programs will use it to store data. The problem is when I try to change my email attachment download directory to the external SD card I get "This folder doesn't allow the creation of new files."

Is there any way to fix this?


Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

Use the free SD fox app on the play store which you must be rooted to use. This is a known problem. Think I've read the update foxes it though.
30th April 2014, 01:46 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 63
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by minionhunter

Use the free SD fox app on the play store which you must be rooted to use. This is a known problem. Think I've read the update foxes it though.

I'm running the latest stock update, so it did not fix it.

Not sure I want to root my device right now since since I use it for work with an enterprise system.



Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
30th April 2014, 02:14 PM |#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 46
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by REHolt218

I'm running the latest stock update, so it did not fix it.

Not sure I want to root my device right now since since I use it for work with an enterprise system.



Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

No root == no go. It's a known KitKat issue, that can only be fixed if you're rooted.

... Moto X VZW DE ...
30th April 2014, 04:25 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 63
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmarcin

No root == no go. It's a known KitKat issue, that can only be fixed if you're rooted.

... Moto X VZW DE ...

That's strange: some apps work fine.


Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
30th April 2014, 04:56 PM |#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 46
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by REHolt218

That's strange: some apps work fine.


Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

BTW, I didn't do the latest update (I'm rooted, and it didn't seem worthwhile to have to re-root). Maybe the update fixed this problem, but not completely? Just speculating.

SDfix from Play Store fixed it for me (root required).

... Moto X VZW DE ...
1st May 2014, 09:30 PM |#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by REHolt218

That's strange: some apps work fine.


Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Apps can only write to their private directories on the SD card. Or you used a system app.

Sent from my SM-P900 using XDA Free mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes