Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,704 Members 52,731 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Custom Roms in .zip format do not boot

Tip us?

xd69
Old
(Last edited by xd69; 27th April 2014 at 12:06 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question Custom Roms in .zip format do not boot

History:
About 4 months ago, I was going to install Omar Avelar's latest ROM onto my phone. I had an older version and thought it was a good time to upgrade. For some stupid reason, I figured I would do a clean install and wipe my phone clean before proceeding.

In CWM 6.0.1.9, I decided to wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition, wipe dalvik cache, wipe battery stats, format /system, format /cache, format /data and format /sdcard. Then I proceeded to install the custom ROM file using "install zip from sdcard". This wasn't the first time I had flashed the phone so I figured it would go off without a hitch like it did in the past but I was wrong.

Current State:
After it finished installing, it was booting as normal and then RESTART right before it loaded. I cleared the dalvik cache and this is what happened:

youtube.com/watch?v=hbBf0u6KSsg (I dont have enough posts to link video)

Now no matter what I do, I cannot avoid this boot loop and I have no Idea how to fix it. I have tried EVERY other ROM in the development forum including ROMs by: OmarAvelar, Anerik, max_choco, Aleeexr, arman68 with the exact same result. My knowledge of the android operating system is not advanced enough to solve this so I need help.

What does work:
I can install the stock image using RSD Lite. I can install PiLlama v1.4 using fastboot (because it uses an ext4 file instead of .zip).

If I try to install any of the aforementioned ROMs on top of stock/pillama1.4, it will go back into the same boot loop.

Marco Lomas
Old
Thanks Meter 165
There is a fix for a mystery bootloop problem on roms, on the omars rom forum, its on the download, check that, i cant post the direct link right now but its on the first comment

Enviado desde mi XT890 mediante Tapatalk

xd69
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I am not sure to which post you are talking about. The first post I see in Omar's ROM post is:

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldtech
Thanks for the effort!

Can I use this with an odexed ROM (the official JB OTA)?

If not, any way to still get the Gallery app?
Is the file called "fix.zip" by any chance? I have a file named that in my folder that I got while downloading all the ROMs to try.

Marco Lomas
Old
Thanks Meter 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by xd69 View Post
I am not sure to which post you are talking about. The first post I see in Omar's ROM post is:

Is the file called "fix.zip" by any chance? I have a file named that in my folder that I got while downloading all the ROMs to try.
Nop the first post of Omar, wich have the downlad folder of old version, i think the files name is : mysterybootloop_fix
I think, i never had to use it

Enviado desde mi XT890 mediante Tapatalk

Lucki_X
Old
Thanks Meter 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by xd69 View Post

This file.
Mar-25.bootloop_mysterious_fix.zip
Here.
http://haxr.org/omar/android/Razr%20i/OLD/
But read this:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=3800