Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,261 Members 37,721 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Stuck on samsung logo after flashing Philz recovery

Tip us?
 
darredevvil
Old
#1  
darredevvil's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 7
Join Date: Mar 2013
Default Stuck on samsung logo after flashing Philz recovery

hello guys i need some help...i have the Omega V25 Rom on my N7100 but after flshing Philz 19.3 recovery my phone gets stuck at samsung logo! how to fix it?
 
A}{E
Old
#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Sep 2013
Default Same Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by darredevvil View Post
hello guys i need some help...i have the Omega V25 Rom on my N7100 but after flshing Philz 19.3 recovery my phone gets stuck at samsung logo! how to fix it?
I have the same problem but for a different reason. Self inflicted unfortunately but in the interest of not hijacking your thread I'll simply say I'm anxiously awaiting the answer as well.

A quick explanation of how I got here... Did the "back to stock" steps and worked great. Did triangle away with no issues. Then I did the OTA update and I suspect that my issue is the result of not unrooting first? Cause it DL'ed update fine, appeared to install it fine then upon reboot it got stuck on Samsung Screen like OP is now stuck on. I have tried to repeat "back to stock" without success, tried to install rooted recovery without success. Everything I do shows "Passed" in Odin and appears to install but still stuck on Samsung screen. Let it sit for an hour and still doesn't load.

I'm assuming (hoping) at this point it's a similar solution?
 
A}{E
Old
#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Sep 2013
Default Solved

Not sure if this will help you or not but it just worked for me I used Odin to flash 4.3param_tz.tar and it worked for me. I have NO IDEA no idea if this will solve your problem or if it will further compound it so I would confirm before trying it.

I'm one of those just info to be dangerous guys Lol!
 
dicksteele
Old
#4  
dicksteele's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1,311
Posts: 2,217
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by A}{E View Post
I have the same problem but for a different reason. Self inflicted unfortunately but in the interest of not hijacking your thread I'll simply say I'm anxiously awaiting the answer as well.

A quick explanation of how I got here... Did the "back to stock" steps and worked great. Did triangle away with no issues. Then I did the OTA update and I suspect that my issue is the result of not unrooting first? Cause it DL'ed update fine, appeared to install it fine then upon reboot it got stuck on Samsung Screen like OP is now stuck on. I have tried to repeat "back to stock" without success, tried to install rooted recovery without success. Everything I do shows "Passed" in Odin and appears to install but still stuck on Samsung screen. Let it sit for an hour and still doesn't load.

I'm assuming (hoping) at this point it's a similar solution?
Which back to stock guide ??/ Have you all tried factory reset??
"Why Johnny Ringo.. You look like someone walked over your grave.
 
A}{E
Old
#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Sep 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by dicksteele View Post
Which back to stock guide ??/ Have you all tried factory reset??
mine is solved. the back to stock may have had nothing to do with it as the problem occurred AFTER I successfully went back to stock and updated with the OTA update before uprooting and setting stock recovery back. I'm assuming my problem was caused by the Knox security stuff.

Anyways, I'm back on OMNI ROM again. I just occasionally like to start all over and I overlooked a big part of it. (Tired Mistake on my part)
 
gorfchris
Old
#6  
Member
Thanks Meter 18
Posts: 32
Join Date: Sep 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by darredevvil View Post
hello guys i need some help...i have the Omega V25 Rom on my N7100 but after flshing Philz 19.3 recovery my phone gets stuck at samsung logo! how to fix it?
Can you at least boot back into recovery? If so, I would try clearing the cache and Dalvik cache to see if that might fix the problem.

If not, I would first try flashing Philz again to see if that fixes the problem. I would use Odin for that since Phil's instructions for installation indicate that for Samsung devices Odin should be used.

Instructions: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...7#post39433857

Hope this helps,
Chris
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gorfchris For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
darredevvil
Old
#7  
darredevvil's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 7
Join Date: Mar 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorfchris View Post
Can you at least boot back into recovery? If so, I would try clearing the cache and Dalvik cache to see if that might fix the problem.

If not, I would first try flashing Philz again to see if that fixes the problem. I would use Odin for that since Phil's instructions for installation indicate that for Samsung devices Odin should be used.

Instructions: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...7#post39433857

Hope this helps,
Chris
thanks! this actually solved it!

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Windows Developers Rejoice! Dev Program’s $99 Yearly Fee is No More!

Microsoft rule in the mobile market, much like the giant dinosaurs … more

Add the Xperia Z2 Lock Screen to Your Favorite KitKat ROM

Almost every OEM adds its own unique flair to their stock firmwares. While some of … more

Android App Review: Control Your Phone with Quick Control Panel – XDA Developer TV

Your Android smart device has many features that you … more

Play Music on Android Wear with Stellio Music Player

Android Wear smartwatchesare growing inpopularity every day. Some devices have already … more