Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,591 Members 36,669 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Internal memory partitions?

Tip us?

yesyesimanoob
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Default [Q] Internal memory partitions?

I'm considering this as my next phone, but have one question for all you folks who already own one.

I currently own an Xperia T, which also has 16GB built in, with 12GB being available for apps and files. However, the 12GB is further partitioned into 2GB for apps and 10GB for media files (when I go to Settings > Storage, I see the partitions as "Device Memory" and "Internal Storage", respectively). This is really inconvenient for me because I'm constantly filling up the apps partition.

Manually moving app data to storage or SD card helps a bit, but doesn't solve the problem because then I can't use widgets, and it does break some apps when I use TiBU to move apps that don't normally allow themselves to be moved.

So, can someone kindly tell me whether the Z1C has the same kind of partitioning? And is it also a 2GB apps : 10GB files division? Some screenshots would be particularly helpful.

Thanks in advance!

alex_hk90
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyesimanoob View Post
I'm considering this as my next phone, but have one question for all you folks who already own one.

I currently own an Xperia T, which also has 16GB built in, with 12GB being available for apps and files. However, the 12GB is further partitioned into 2GB for apps and 10GB for media files (when I go to Settings > Storage, I see the partitions as "Device Memory" and "Internal Storage", respectively). This is really inconvenient for me because I'm constantly filling up the apps partition.

Manually moving app data to storage or SD card helps a bit, but doesn't solve the problem because then I can't use widgets, and it does break some apps when I use TiBU to move apps that don't normally allow themselves to be moved.

So, can someone kindly tell me whether the Z1C has the same kind of partitioning? And is it also a 2GB apps : 10GB files division? Some screenshots would be particularly helpful.

Thanks in advance!
I'm pretty sure it's just one 12 GB partition. In Settings > Storage on my Z1 Compact (running KitKat 4.4.2) it just has the one Device Memory partition of 11.79 GB Total space including Apps; Pictures, videos; Audio; Downloads; etc.

Hope this helps.
The Following User Says Thank You to alex_hk90 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

yesyesimanoob
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
It certainly does, thanks a lot!