Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,957 Members 38,608 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

GPS issues

Tip us?

ghettobuck10
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I had GPS issues before upgrading to KITKAT. They solved all my problems because the GPS signal would go in and out
with Jellybean.

T-Mobile D801
Cloudypro II ROM
The Following User Says Thank You to ghettobuck10 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

factory81
Old
(Last edited by factory81; 1st May 2014 at 05:22 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
I am on 4.4.2 with a Verizon VS980. My GPS Performance is terrible. I am happy if it works in the car on my dash. Beyond that, I am unlikely to even pickup a signal. If it does lock on to a satellite while I am driving, if I put the phone in my lap for instance, it will eventually drop signal.

I have tried FasterGPS, GPS Status. I am somewhat at a loss of ideas. My phone is stock firmware though, rooted, with wifi hotspot mod. I am not running xposed or any other mods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettobuck10 View Post
I had GPS issues before upgrading to KITKAT. They solved all my problems because the GPS signal would go in and out
with Jellybean.

T-Mobile D801
Cloudypro II ROM

masteril
Old
Thanks Meter 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by factory81 View Post
I am on 4.4.2 with a Verizon VS980. My GPS Performance is terrible. I am happy if it works in the car on my dash. Beyond that, I am unlikely to even pickup a signal. If it does lock on to a satellite while I am driving, if I put the phone in my lap for instance, it will eventually drop signal.

I have tried FasterGPS, GPS Status. I am somewhat at a loss of ideas. My phone is stock firmware though, rooted, with wifi hotspot mod. I am not running xposed or any other mods.
same experience.terrible.

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Free mobile app
Main Phone:
D802 LG G2 32GB White G3 Rom By OptimusRs 1.1 Powered By Awesome Dori's 5.8 Kernel
(its not a phone.. ITS A MONSTER PHONE!) JB Antutu:36659 KitKat Antutu:26800-34624 Points.

Backup Phone:
R800i Xperia Play@1.2Mhz smartassV2 TrueAncestors ICS ROM
Lupus Kernel antutu 8056 points.

GranFlash
Old
Thanks Meter 19
I don't saw any problems with GPS in my international D802 KitKat newest version (D). I'm using it to Endomondo and in a car Google Maps. It finds signal very fast.
D802 32GB in White - Stock KitKat 4.4.2 With LTE in PL/CZ/GER