Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,097 Members 44,177 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Updated to 4.4 with Malladus, can't access Recovery?

Tip us?
 
ifizik
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 36
Join Date: Jul 2010
Default Updated to 4.4 with Malladus, can't access Recovery?

Hey guys,

I just flashed from 4.2 Malladus to 4.4 Malladus smoothly. Everything loaded and is buttery smooth now. I attempted to enter Recovery to make a back up but it only left me with a black screen after the LG logo. I can't seem to figure out what happened, I tried to enter TWRP through ROM Manager's boot in recovery option and also the Power off and Restart into Recovery that comes with the ROM installed.

Anyone have any ideas on how I can access my recovery again?
 
mjones73
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 771
Posts: 2,784
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: North East, MD

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ifizik View Post
Hey guys,

I just flashed from 4.2 Malladus to 4.4 Malladus smoothly. Everything loaded and is buttery smooth now. I attempted to enter Recovery to make a back up but it only left me with a black screen after the LG logo. I can't seem to figure out what happened, I tried to enter TWRP through ROM Manager's boot in recovery option and also the Power off and Restart into Recovery that comes with the ROM installed.

Anyone have any ideas on how I can access my recovery again?
Did you update your firmware also? Can't directly flash a recovery on 24A. There's some extra steps involved, AutoRec listed in the LG G2 section is the easiest way around that.
Matt
LG G2 - VS980 - XDABBEB's VS980 v2.0.0
HTC Rezound - S-Off - Retired
 
ifizik
Old
#3  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 36
Join Date: Jul 2010
I believe I did, TBH I do not know that answer for sure. I merely followed the steps listed in the installation guide for Malladus within this page:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...DU-DDP41Q/edit - that step being 3b, telling me to flash vs980_1xx_to_24a.zip to prep for 4.4. I'm assuming that's the file for the firmware but I could be wrong.

I followed the steps completely and everything booted up beautifully, minus the issue with me having no recovery when attempting trying to make a back-up.

I'll check out the AutoRec suggestion you've given me, thanks.
 
JRJ442
Old
(Last edited by JRJ442; 26th April 2014 at 04:09 PM.)
#4  
JRJ442's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1151
Posts: 2,124
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Salisbury, Md

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ifizik View Post
I believe I did, TBH I do not know that answer for sure. I merely followed the steps listed in the installation guide for Malladus within this page:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...DU-DDP41Q/edit - that step being 3b, telling me to flash vs980_1xx_to_24a.zip to prep for 4.4. I'm assuming that's the file for the firmware but I could be wrong.

I followed the steps completely and everything booted up beautifully, minus the issue with me having no recovery when attempting trying to make a back-up.

I'll check out the AutoRec suggestion you've given me, thanks.
If you were on 11A you needed the vs980_1xx_to_24a_twrp.zip. Meaning you had to have taken the OTA to 12B, not just have flashed the radio. If you were on 11A and didn't flash the right prep zip it would erase recovery. Either way, just download Flashify from the market and let it flash whichever recovery you want. That should work just fine. With either of those prep zips it flashed the JB aboot, and laf. So Flashify will get your recovery back.
 
ifizik
Old
#5  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 36
Join Date: Jul 2010
So the AutoRec method worked beautifully. I have a recovery once again and was able to make a back-up so i can flash kernels

Thanks for the help.
 
caliking
Old
#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRJ442 View Post
If you were on 11A you needed the vs980_1xx_to_24a_twrp.zip. Meaning you had to have taken the OTA to 12B, not just have flashed the radio. If you were on 11A and didn't flash the right prep zip it would erase recovery. Either way, just download Flashify from the market and let it flash whichever recovery you want. That should work just fine. With either of those prep zips it flashed the JB aboot, and laf. So Flashify will get your recovery back.
If you scroll down on page 2 of the document in the FAQ section it tells you how to install a recovery.
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes