Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,480 Members 53,481 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Using the PRO 12.2 on the plane and in the bus

Tip us?

hajime_android
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Default Using the PRO 12.2 on the plane and in the bus

Anybody tried to use the PRO 12.2 on the plane or on the bus? I did not have the device but I put an A4 size magazine on the small table when I took the plane. Even with the person at the front tilted the chair backward, I could still type on the imaginary NOTE PRO 12.2. Anybody tried to type or view documents/movies on a small desk in the plane? How about typing and viewing on the bus or while standing at the bus stop?

User experience appreciated. Thanks.

nymviper1126
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by hajime_android View Post
Anybody tried to use the PRO 12.2 on the plane or on the bus? I did not have the device but I put an A4 size magazine on the small table when I took the plane. Even with the person at the front tilted the chair backward, I could still type on the imaginary NOTE PRO 12.2. Anybody tried to type or view documents/movies on a small desk in the plane? How about typing and viewing on the bus or while standing at the bus stop?

User experience appreciated. Thanks.
Used on the subway. Its a little unwieldy, but isnt bad considering how it would be to use a laptop(I would never)

Buji
Old
Thanks Meter 6
I just flew from California to Florida by way it two layovers. Total air time was around 8 hours I think. (We were flying standby).

The notepro definitely felt a little more unwieldy than my old 10 in tablets, and the guy next to me with a kindle paperwhite (paperweight, amirite?) Commented on how big it was....

Comparing to my gf working on her 15" laptop though it was not a problem. I did find it was just fine resting on the tray table, but I am on the hunt for a good folding cover.

Oh, and when I started reading comixology, Mr. Paperwhite was taken back by the image...

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

Duly.noted
Old
Thanks Meter 104
Lol. I think it depends on how you hold it. I layed the one at bestbuy across my arm like you would cradle a baby and use the other hand to navigate the ui, spen etc. It felt waaaay better to me than any 10 inch tablet. I felt more comfortable holding and using it and less likely to drop it.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

hajime_android
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
I think a larger surface area may help for stability. The device is not available in my area yet. Can't try it.

hajime_android
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Hello, how does the real PRO 12.2 fits the small desk on the plane? Can you use it comfortably? What is the person sitting at the front is tilting the seat fully backward?

Redsandro
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buji View Post
I just flew from California to Florida by way it two layovers. Total air time was around 8 hours I think. (We were flying standby).
how long did the battery last?

Sent from my SM-P900 using XDA Free mobile app

Buji
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redsandro View Post
how long did the battery last?

Sent from my SM-P900 using XDA Free mobile app
I had plenty to spare when we landed to last me until we got settled down in our hotel room, but I also napped on and off. I still use it from about 5am to 10pm each day on and off, and I rarely see it go below 60%. I think the longest I ran it without charging was 4 days of intermittent use, and it only got down to about 30. The battery seems huge on this thing.