Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,901 Members 52,482 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Flashed ROM in TWRP - custom recovery + root gone?

Tip us?

Trixanity
Old
(Last edited by Trixanity; 1st May 2014 at 09:54 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxZombiePikachu View Post
just in case since you don't mention the fix, I know the kk audio bug has a fix with g2tweaksbox over in the faq of first post it explains what needs to be done
I did try that fix. It didn't remove the hiss entirely for me. Maybe removed 50% of the hiss, but I've heard of it working 100% for a lot of people. I've been using the ELT > Audio Loopback test from the hidden menu. It removes the hiss by about 99%. Only annoying thing is that I need to do it on every reboot which is why I wanted a more permanent fix.

Seems like my restore has caused a bootloop. Everything went accordingly, except the installation of SuperSU afterwards. Kept saying it failed to copy to the system folder despite system being mounted. The bootloop started when trying to boot into system after restore + failed SuperSU installation.

Edit: Fixed the SuperSU failure to install by wiping dalvik etc. but bootloop persists. I somewhat assume this is because the restore function doesn't work when the current ROM is different from the ROM the backup was made with? The backup was made with D802 20b firmware and the current ROM which is the one I flashed was the D802 20d firmware. Am I on to something?

XxZombiePikachu
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trixanity View Post
I did try that fix. It didn't remove the hiss entirely for me. Maybe removed 50% of the hiss, but I've heard of it working 100% for a lot of people. I've been using the ELT > Audio Loopback test from the hidden menu. It removes the hiss by about 99%. Only annoying thing is that I need to do it on every reboot which is why I wanted a more permanent fix.

Seems like my restore has caused a bootloop. Everything went accordingly, except the installation of SuperSU afterwards. Kept saying it failed to copy to the system folder despite system being mounted. The bootloop started when trying to boot into system after restore + failed SuperSU installation.

Edit: Fixed the SuperSU failure to install by wiping dalvik etc. but bootloop persists. I somewhat assume this is because the restore function doesn't work when the current ROM is different from the ROM the backup was made with? The backup was made with D802 20b firmware and the current ROM which is the one I flashed was the D802 20d firmware. Am I on to something?
A backup restore should always work whether different versions or not, are you able to get into download mode?have you tried kdz to stock?

Sent from my LG-D800 running stock kk, rooted with philz using XDA app
The Following User Says Thank You to XxZombiePikachu For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Trixanity
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxZombiePikachu View Post
A backup restore should always work whether different versions or not, are you able to get into download mode?have you tried kdz to stock?

Sent from my LG-D800 running stock kk, rooted with philz using XDA app
I just fixed it by going into recovery and flashing the D802 20d firmware again. It'll do for now. Honestly don't know why the restore from backup didn't work. Either the backup was corrupt or I've done something wrong.
I did restore my apps (so far) flawlessly and the rom does appear to perform similarly to my older firmware. Plus there's added features such as knock code so it's not all bad.

I do have a D802 20d kdz firmware available on my computer in case I want to go completely stock and/or start over. But I'll give this one a try over the next few days and see whether I'll keep this.

XxZombiePikachu
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trixanity View Post
I just fixed it by going into recovery and flashing the D802 20d firmware again. It'll do for now. Honestly don't know why the restore from backup didn't work. Either the backup was corrupt or I've done something wrong.
I did restore my apps (so far) flawlessly and the rom does appear to perform similarly to my older firmware. Plus there's added features such as knock code so it's not all bad.

I do have a D802 20d kdz firmware available on my computer in case I want to go completely stock and/or start over. But I'll give this one a try over the next few days and see whether I'll keep this.
yea I'm still waiting for that knock code update on my g2, times like these make you hate being with carriers